who will win the race of a complete job

19cturbo

The race to get a job finished  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win 19cturbo or Olive8

• Getting my transmission back
    • Olive8 (harry) getting his car painted

Myself and harry have both been waiting on a job to be completed that is holding us back from finishing our cars.. whos will get completed first.. Olive8 (harry) is 4 months deep on a paint job...

im 11 weeks deep on a 6-8 week turnaround on a heavy duty transmission rebuild.

So the question is, who will get their project back together first, since neither of us have any control of whats holding us back, we leave it up to you! lol

take a vote..

Need more info. Is a pro shop doing each? is a "friend" doing each job in there spare time ECT?

Anything specail about the paint job? Any rust / dent repair in that paint job or just a straight up DA and spray. Special paint or colors?

What trans stock or other? What kind of "high performace" rebuild? IE building a bullet proff dog box? Having custom gears cut ECT?

Just not enough info to make a call.

his car was ready to be painted when he dropped it off, its a friend of his but indeed a pro shop

my transmission is in fresno california at Marlin Crawler being redone.. indeed a pro shop (the heavy duty rebuild includes, new bearings, seals, syncros, billet shift fork, bearing retainer, and a titanium thrust bearing) The transmission is a stock R154 that goes behind my 1jz, and Marlin crawler is one of the best in the country when it comes to toyota transmissions

WIth the additioanl info trans will 100% be done first. Pro shop or not..... any time your "buddy" is doing a paint job / body work the car sits FOREVER.

dont take that the wrong way, he is still paying the guy to do the job, so its a paying project, not a side for free project

dont take that the wrong way, he is still paying the guy to do the job, so its a paying project, not a side for free project

Didn't...... even paying above what the shop charges whenever you turn in a paint / body work job to a "buddy" they sit FOREVER. I've had it happen 3 times now myself.

Is he paying the going rate the shop normally charges, or getting a "buddy" price? Whoever is getting the buddy price will be the last to get their's back.

You guys might want to add Niko's car to this... I was supposed to have it done months ago, but since this isn't my full time job, and some things came up, it's taken me a whole lot longer than I expected, which I feel awful about. I'm sure someone could have done it faster, but Niko probably would have spent twice as much having someone else do it.

With any project, there are 3 aspects... Good, Cheap, and Fast. Pick 2 because you can't have all 3. My work may take a while, but it looks awesome, and it's half the price of a regular shop.

Oh, I know, it just hits home with me a little right now because I feel bad about the timeframe on Nick's car.

I've been watching the progress on Harry's car, and felt sorry for him. That's a long time to wait for what I believe is just a fairly basic paint job.

What I'm curious to see is if Harry has to wait as long for his fairly basic job as Nick has had to wait for me to do rust repair, smooth every single dent (there were a LOT of them LOL), then get the body laser straight and a paint job with a show quality finish and extra layers of clear. It's starting to look like Niko's car will be done quicker LOL

was that a stab at harry? or just the job haha!!!!! who knows.. his dude could paint his car up rick tick..

come to find out that the turn around on the transmission doesnt start when they recieve it.. no, their turn around time begins when they open your crate.... .which was about 2 weeks after they received my transmission.. so those two weeks, they dont count..

yesterday i went to the shop, here she is NEXT to the paint booth

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Olive/ready_zpsdaca6bbf.jpg

there's an excursion in the booth ready to spray, just waiting on the paint to be delivered this AM. so let's recap,

excursion painted today ( high dollar job ), turkey day tomorrow, my buddy getting hammered tomm. night blowing off work on friday :lol: , saturday rolling excursion out of the paint booth...... i might have her back before Christmas -_-

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s263/aiche_photos/Olive/cow_zps4585d109.jpg

4 pins with the rears fixed to the stock hinges for hood prop option or complete removal ;)