Does anyone make STRIPED vacuum lines in the correct ID for our cars?

boostd92

I have accumulated a box full of tune-up parts and was thinking that while I was rebuilding the throttle body, why not replace all the vacuum lines?

Since there are quite a few, and the factory uses color coded stripes, does anyone know a place to sort bulk lengths of striped hose in the correct ID? What is the correct ID?

I know I could probably go get some paint sharpies and paint them all myself, but I'd rather have something factory looking.

A google search turned up a bunch of american muscle car repro hoses that are probably the wrong size, and all of those kits came in specfic lengths....

I have used NAPA, PN# H459, 5/32", Windshield Wiper Tubing, for many many years in the Old Broad with excellent results. You will need about 40 feet, yes 40 feet :blink: , of vacuum tubing to replace all of the tubing in the engine house.

i have found over many years that this NAPA tubing is cheaper in price, lasts a LONG TIME and works just as well as all of the other same size, exotic, pricey, vacuum tubing on the market. ;)

But the NAPA tubing is not striped/ color coded. :( It's just plain black in color.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

• Like 1

man that some great info!

Thanks,

MD085585 is the factory part # for the vacuum hose assembly from Mitsubishi. It comes pre-cut, assembled and color coded. Last I heard it was still available.

Listed for $35 on this site http://www.mitsubishiparts.net

Edited by importwarrior

Chrisviper bought one years ago and said it was great. Flexible rubber, all the Ts there. Took just a few minutes to install.

No these are probably not being made new. But they are sealed in plastic and on a wearhouse shelf out of the elements. Rubber lasts a long time in those conditions.

• 2 months later...
Will this vacuum assembly kit fit my 87 Quest? I, according to the damn DMV, have a leak in one fo the vacuum lines so it won't pass smog. Will this possibly fix my problem? Ohh and will I have enough hose to tuck and hide the lines?

Ohh and will I have enough hose to tuck and hide the lines?

Why would you want to hide them? After 20+ years of them being messed with they do look like a rats nest.

BUT if you redo them with the proper holders and Ts they look something like this.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/Resto/DSC03434.jpg

Why would you want to hide them? After 20+ years of them being messed with they do look like a rats nest.

BUT if you redo them with the proper holders and Ts they look something like this.

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/ucw458/Resto/DSC03434.jpg

Dude, that looks heavenly. Is that like a brand new off the line motor? Lol

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...