Trilogy Turbos stock replacement adjustable fuel pressure regulator

LEPORE

What is the difference between this one and the trilogy one other than the sticker?

None , made in Brazil and work very well indeed unlike their soccer team. Edited by SOTTY

Ok guys. I just came back from Brazil. More family problems, ...

None , made in Brazil and work very well indeed unlike their soccer team.

Hmmm. Brazil. Glad you guys got your parts.

Edited by Fuze

Got my regulator the other day and just installed it. Hate to say it but I'm really disappointed, the product looks great and everything fit nice.. Took a whole 30 sec to install and was set right at 40 psi base pressure which is what I wanted. But mine drops fuel pressure when I rev it up. Tried driving it around the block and just kept leaning out. I know this because of my in cab fuel press gauge and wideband. I tried adjusting the base pressure up but it still does the same thing. Instead if rising the fuel press like it's supposed to when it sees more vacuum it lowers my fuel press. Very disappointed after waiting many many months for this. I'm not sure if it's just mine or what but I bolted my old one back up and now it's running strong. Well heron if you see this please get in contact with me (I'll pm you as well) as I'd like a refund.

Drake

Edited by '87quest

name=''87quest' timestamp='1407363347' post='1439489']

Got my regulator the other day and just installed it. Hate to say it but I'm really disappointed, the product looks great and everything fit nice.. Took a whole 30 sec to install and was set right at 40 psi base pressure which is what I wanted. But mine drops fuel pressure when I rev it up. Tried driving it around the block and just kept leaning out. I know this because of my in cab fuel press gauge and wideband. I tried adjusting the base pressure up but it still does the same thing. Instead if rising the fuel press like it's supposed to when it sees more vacuum it lowers my fuel press. Very disappointed after waiting many many months for this. I'm not sure if it's just mine or what but I bolted my old one back up and now it's running strong. Well heron if you see this please get in contact with me (I'll pm you as well) as I'd like a refund.

Drake

[/b]

Maybe it's just a fluke that you got a bad one out of the batch,i think only one other person installed there's

as well as you.Hit them up and see if the're haveing problems or not. They post in the bs section,what you did

to your car today it's worth a try.

Drake

Are you using the stock port on the throttle body? That port should not see any vacuum. Give 1 more turn on the screw so it reads about 42 or 43psi and check it again. Also make sure the top nut is locked in place. Keep me posted.

Heron

TRILOGY TURBOS

I tried adjusting the base pressure up but it still does the same thing. Instead if rising the fuel press like it's supposed to when it sees more vacuum it lowers my fuel press.

Drake

Unfortunate. If one of the ports closest to the OVC pipe are the one you are using, that thing has issues.

Edited by Fuze

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u560/drakelehr/C949C638-2716-44A8-8402-BA282CF7D491_zpsn7vherzg.jpg

Here you can see which port I'm using. The one the my stock one has always been hooked up to directly below the fpr. I tried turning it up more and I had the nut locked but it did the same thing, only brought the base pressure up. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong or what but I don't think I am because is put the stock one on and it's working fine just my base psi is only around 35-36.

Drake

Just want to make sure you're turning the screw to the right side, remember the FPR is upside down so you have to turn the screw counter clock wise to raise the fuel pressure. Also make sure you have the hose disconnected and blocked off when adjusting the fuel pressure; car on and idling.

Keep me posted.

Heron

TRILOGY TURBOS

Yes, Ive had it on and off three times now. I've tried it at 40psi, 42psi, 45psi, and 35psi. it does the same thing each time. it holds the base press fine while at idle but as soon as i go into boost it drops pressure and leans out. ill try to get a video for you to see so you understand. everything is hooked up correct because as soon as i reinstall my stock one it works fine.

Drake

Yes, Ive had it on and off three times now. I've tried it at 40psi, 42psi, 45psi, and 35psi. it does the same thing each time. it holds the base press fine while at idle but as soon as i go into boost it drops pressure and leans out. ill try to get a video for you to see so you understand. everything is hooked up correct because as soon as i reinstall my stock one it works fine.

Drake

Ok. I was checking the other FPR here and I've noticed the brass fitting for the vac line is not tighten all the way in, its just snug. Please check that. I was able to give another 1/4 turn to lock it and get a perfect seal.

Try that and keep me posted.

Tks.

Heron

TRILOGY TURBOS

Also I tightened the vacuum line fitting a bit but not much. Don't think that's the problem.

Your regulator is obviously bad. You need to send it back and the seller needs to send you another one. Even if the boost reference hose was removed or had a massive leak, the regulator should still maintain the base pressure.

Your AFR looks good with the stock unit so why did you need the adjustable one?

I bought this regulator almost a year ago before I had a maft on my car which I have tuned in pretty well now. But I would like to have a little higher base psi as it seems my Delphis run a bit better around 40psi. But now I'd just really like a refund for this regulator.

There has to be a simple problem within the part itself to cause your issue. It is a fairly simple mechanical device.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/technical-articles/how-does-an-fpr-work/

Not the exact piece we are talking about, but it should operate the same way.

I would be interested to know if any of the other buyers have installed this and have noticed any similar issues.

BC_99

There has to be a simple problem within the part itself to cause your issue. It is a fairly simple mechanical device.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/technical-articles/how-does-an-fpr-work/

Not the exact piece we are talking about, but it should operate the same way.

I would be interested to know if any of the other buyers have installed this and have noticed any similar issues.

BC_99

Yes you are most likely right but I have a feeling if I started taking it all apart that mine would become non refundable if it still didn't work.. And I was hoping you'd install yours and let us know how it does ;)

Drake

I completely understand and wish that I could assist you in that request. However, I am in the process of pulling the engine from my car.

The link was more for reference to you and the seller than any advisement to dig into it.

BC_99

Maybe jimalan1989 or huero can chime in how theirs seem to be working if installed yet. So glad you have all the gauges and video proof of performance (lack of thus far). I'm watching this closely. I wonder if anyone has proof (like with your gauges) that these or the SPA version works as advertised