reving prolem

88-cnqst-tsi

I got a problem now, the car starts, it idles on the rougher side, I just feather the throttle to rev it slowly and it revs fine like that, I tap it and it blurps and doesn't rev much but climbs a bit, I go WOT from 1200 rpm steady and it doesn't climb at all and just blurps like its not combusting at all. Could this be fuel or ignition, I also let it idle in the pitch black and I didn't see a single arc from any wires

Mine is doing the same I had to flutter the throttle to get rpm's. I put my finger under the secondary while I gave it gas. But started body n paint work once that's done I get back under the hood distributor will get cleaned and grease the vac advance parts. Then I'm taking the injectors out cleaning them out carb cleaner from both ends and checking them with a 9 volt batt to make sure there working, U can try these too. Check you tube for cleaning injectors

Mine is doing the same I had to flutter the throttle to get rpm's. I put my finger under the secondary while I gave it gas. But started body n paint work once that's done I get back under the hood distributor will get cleaned and grease the vac advance parts. Then I'm taking the injectors out cleaning them out carb cleaner from both ends and checking them with a 9 volt batt to make sure there working, U can try these too. Check you tube for cleaning injectors

what do you mean by "I put my finger under the secondary while I gave it gas" and ill go through the whole system, clean the cone filter and replace the intank filter, already a new fram fuel filter in the bay, and I have new clips with die elec grease already installed

Clean the prongs on the injectors. Replace the injector clip. Use a little dielectric grease once clean. These simple steps will fix the issue most of the time.

Jimmy

whats the best way to de it with the oem injectors and I have new clips from randy installed as of a year now but only 3 tanks of gass

Yeah on mine when I got it I drained the tank then bought a new fuel pump at pepmart lol then checked fuel flow through the lines had great flow but I haven't taken the injectors out to clean them yet. At the time I just wanted to make sure the motor ran.

If none of that works, unplug the mass air sensor and see if it gets worse. If it doesn't get worse, check the connection, and try a different mass air sensor.

ok but getting a mass isn't easy here, but I can get a recon 1g for 180

Edited by 88-cnqst-tsi

okay I cleaned the prongs spotless and it still did it shortly after start up but once I was warmed up it revved well but with a tiny stumble if I go wot from idle and it stumbles on de-cell and after a while of being warmed up it did stumble a bit from idle but past idle it revs fine and its idling at 1k-1100 rpm

it canbe any of a dozen things ,, you'l just need to go over each system one at a time , you saw what a simple cleaning of the inj terminals did :)

and you thought Jimmy was nuts didn't you ;)

ahh I feared that but does the fact that it works better warmed up mean anything and haha no, hes a smart guy with good advise

I just changed the intank filter and cleaned the cone filter (it was a dirt one alright) it did help a bit, mostly cause the time it took for the problem to calm down was faster. But I noticed something, at idle, when I pump the breaks twice the vac goes from 19 to 15 and it idles like crap until I rev it a bit then the vac goes back to 19 Edited by JAinsworth
skirting the language filter

new brake booster time.i need one too.lol...after finish fixing wiring harness plugs.remove the vac line to booster and plug the intake port.don't drive just let it run/idle and see how different it is.had the same problem with my 30+ yr old truck.luckily those are everywhere down here and a replacement is cheap and quick.

new brake booster time.i need one too.lol...after finish fixing wiring harness plugs.remove the vac line to booster and plug the intake port.don't drive just let it run/idle and see how different it is.had the same problem with my 30+ yr old truck.luckily those are everywhere down here and a replacement is cheap and quick.

okay ill do that, and s*** its the biggest PITA to get quest parts in Canada, for allot of stuff even gaskets I have to go to sumas napa, but lol I can get allot more flatty parts here but I have fatty love