WW3

87redcat

What do you guys think??? Should be bomb Syria? Do you even believe that they would gas their own people knowing that we would respond with force?

And that would put us on the same side with Al-Qaeda in this war and against them in Afganistan.

Here's a quote from an article I just read by Robert Fisk

And while we’re talking about institutional memory, hands up which of our jolly statesmen know what happened last time the Americans took on the Syrian government army? I bet they can’t remember. Well it happened in Lebanon when the US Air Force decided to bomb Syrian missiles in the Bekaa Valley on 4 December 1983. I recall this very well because I was here in Lebanon. An American A-6 fighter bomber was hit by a Syrian Strela missile – Russian made, naturally – and crash-landed in the Bekaa; its pilot, Mark Lange, was killed, its co-pilot, Robert Goodman, taken prisoner and freighted off to jail in Damascus. Jesse Jackson had to travel to Syria to get him back after almost a month amid many clichés about “ending the cycle of violence”. Another American plane – this time an A-7 – was also hit by Syrian fire but the pilot managed to eject over the Mediterranean where he was plucked from the water by a Lebanese fishing boat. His plane was also destroyed.

Yep, the Russians are backing the Syrians. They are pulling out their civilians and dropping of Russian troops...

Do we really need to do this???

With our economy in utter chaos, all the scandals with the NSA, IRS, DOJ, EPA and so on... we need to sort out ourselves before we wedge ourselves into a war with Hezbollah on one side and the Muslim Brotherhood on the other...sanction them into nonexistence, we cut off the money, we cut off their ability to fight...

I don't think nuking them would fare very well for us in the international community. It would make us no better than those gassing innocent people.

Besides, the real problem is the Muslim extremist nuts who are in power. And unfortunately, they have a lot of power. And we as a nation are guilty of putting some of these nuts in a position of power for our own benefit.

Things today are not as simple as they were in the first two world wars.

fwiw - almost every third world country is either going to be using Russian, or US weapons. Mostly Russian since they like to have fire sales.

That being said, no, I don't think we should continue going on to war. If that happens, the American people are going to be beyond jaded at the current administration ( looking at you Congress, although I'm sure everyone will blame the potus ). The sustainability of continuing on just isn't there honestly.

That's the crappy part of being a superpower. The rest of the world almost comes to expect you to intervene. I think it'd be a smart choice to have an investigation launch publicly, await the results of said investigation and make a decision based on the facts. You don't want another false WMD fiasco now, right?

One big STFU Nuke. Pull the rest of our troops home and drop another to anyone who gets out of hand. WW3, sand = glass ;)

of course I'm only somewhat serious. I understand the repercussions of a nuke. But man ... we have them just collecting dust and once we drop one then we will find out for sure who else has them.

I understand the repercussions of a nuke.

Repercussions???? LIVE IN THE NOW CRASH!!! Let em fall! Repercussions are for the next generation to deal with!

Who cares who has nukes? If everyone had one....

• Like 1

Repercussions???? LIVE IN THE NOW CRASH!!! Let em fall! Repercussions are for the next generation to deal with!

Who cares who has nukes? If everyone had one....

I like the way you think! I firmly believe we have far more of them and better ways to knock other's bombs out of the sky.

I was talking more of the repercussions from the world community getting their panties all in a bind

Only reason why US is looking to get involved with Syria is because Israel is worried they are in danger. This country will do whatever to protect Israel, even if Israel is wrong. US ignores the thousands of Palestinians Israel has killed and continues to kill.

So it's all political BS. It's not a out justice or right and wrong, otherwise all the other crap going on would be taken serious. Hell, we don't even hear about. Syria gasses a few hundreds and all of a sudden we have to go to war.

• Like 2

I like the way you think! I firmly believe we have far more of them and better ways to knock other's bombs out of the sky.

I was talking more of the repercussions from the world community getting their panties all in a bind

^ that is exactly why I want to take over canada first. We can drive right up, they have little to no army or police even, they majorly lack weapons. Anyone that is going to help canada has to boat it in (we sink it) or fly it in ( we shoot it down) and now we have unlimited natural resources, and a huge labor force to make more war machines.

^ that is exactly why I want to take over canada first. We can drive right up, they have little to no army or police even, they majorly lack weapons. Anyone that is going to help canada has to boat it in (we sink it) or fly it in ( we shoot it down) and now we have unlimited natural resources, and a huge labor force to make more war machines.

We can do that south of the border. Mexico is huge! lol

The POTUS will be responsible as it seems he will ounce again bypass congress and do the "executive order" bit like he did in Lybia to oust Khaudafi and what was the thanks we got for this? Benghazi..

The POTUS will be responsible as it seems he will ounce again bypass congress and do the "executive order" bit like he did in Lybia to oust Khaudafi and what was the thanks we got for this? Benghazi..

Don't expect anything thanks to this either. We do this, we taking on a whole lot of other headaches as well. Don't forget, Russia backs these guys, not to mention other nuts.

We can do that south of the border. Mexico is huge! lol

Yeah but they don't have the natural resources canada does, nor are they a direct gateway to an oil suppy.... and lets face it, the canadian slave work force will just work WAY harder to build our war machines.

But I'm totally down for taking them over 2nd.... if for nothing else use it as a nice buffer betwen south US border.

Edited by jszucs

Senator Rand Paul brought a very good point...

"How does using chemical weapons benefit Assad?" He knows the world would stand against him..... but it does benefit the rebels who are backed by Al Quada.....which no problem sacrificing themselves to advance their agenda....

Obama and Biden both promised to go after Bush if he attacked Iran without congressional approval. Yet Obama is yet again circumventing congress to attack Syria?

Congress must investigate who actually perpretrated the attack. ..