what type of oil

dgcanales90

I met up with a guy that owns a starion as well he was looking at my car n he saw that i have oil coming from alot of different places he ask me what type of oil.i put in the car 10w 30 Castrol GTX high mileage but the car only has 94 xxx on it he told me to use 20w 50 i told him isn't that to thick for the car. So i need help any suggestions

Some people run thicker. Here is how I see it. Mitsu says 10w30. Joe shmoe gets a thought in his head and thinks it makes sense and says go thicker. IMO show me an article, research, or data proving thicker is better and i'll believe you. Till then, 10w30.

I met up with a guy that owns a starion as well he was looking at my car n he saw that i have oil coming from alot of different places he ask me what type of oil.i put in the car 10w 30 Castrol GTX high mileage but the car only has 94 xxx on it he told me to use 20w 50 i told him isn't that to thick for the car. So i need help any suggestions

thicker oil wont stop leaks. someone likes oil pressure. granted if the motor is wore out, thicker oil helps. but chances are its not. i run 15w40 in the summer generally, and 10w30 in the winter

i am running AMSOIL ZROD 10-30 just to try it.

has a high ZINC content in it.

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/z-rod-10w-30-synthetic-motor-oil/?page=%2fstorefront%2fzrt.aspx

but on almost all of my other quests i have ran castrol GTX 10-30 or 20-50 no problems.

i am running AMSOIL ZROD 10-30 just to try it.

has a high ZINC content in it.

http://www.amsoil.co...efront/zrt.aspx

but on almost all of my other quests i have ran castrol GTX 10-30 or 20-50 no problems.

castrol high mileage has zinc ;)

they started adding it

10w30 whats on sale,, STP or wix filters, again, whats on sale , sometimes zinc additive, oil changed every 2k or around that

Dad