1986 North California

Nightcall

Hi Fellow Starion Owners!

I'm a new owner but not new to my Starion. It was my dad's since I was a one year old back in 1986 (yeah I'm dating my age). I've been wanting to restore the car for a long time and I'm finally getting to that point. It makes me happy to know there is such a large community out there with the love of the car I grew up with. There's nothing more comforting than warming up that 2.6 liter turbo on the way to the baby sitter. Anyway, I am longing to hear the whistle of that turbo again. I've a long way to go and I'm looking forward to documenting my progress here. My car is in pretty bad shape due to years and years of neglect. But it still runs. Great to be apart of this community!

Edited by Nightcall

Way Kool! Welcome! I can recall transport'n my now "Grown Sons" in the back of my 1st Starquest, still have it. They picked out the personalized tags: 1RADDAD. Not sure it was all that enjoyable for them though?... they had to watch where they put their feet, No food or drink inside the car, made long trips tough on them, & they quickly out grew those lil ole back seats. (6'3" & 6'4" now). Good luck to you! ;)

• 7 months later...
Oh cool replies! I had been switching jobs and had to put the restoration in the back burner. But I'm back again! Long belated thanks for the warm welcome! I'm just getting started (restarted) with working on "the car" and am in the process of going through the entire newbie guides. I found an 86' service manual and have acrued quite a bit of funds to start restoration. I'll be visiting here more often. I'm not too experienced with cars, but I'm not incompetent around fixing things. Heres to the journey ahead!

We are glad to have you! Looking forward to you starting a restoration thread and we will be here as your guide.

If you haven't done it yet check out http://www.starquestgarage.com you are going to need it ;)

This means a lot to me! I'll definitely be posting, and posting pictures pretttttty soon etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...