update on my surgery

RobH

so my median and ulnar nerves where both blocked in my left wrist and of course the ulnar nerve in both elbows they are going to fix my right wrist and elbow in aug the doc said this surgery should have took about 1.5 hrs but it took him almost 5 hrs to get all the scar tissue out of my elbow

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/hoskinsr/null_zps8b84e545.jpg

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/hoskinsr/null_zps4af5a802.jpg

Edited by RobH

holy...... My knee looks like that with the huge arking scar but that was long before they did the 3 dots deal. Wow your wrists / eblow must have been bad. Being that bad your going to notice a major difference Keep up with the PT and even do over and beyound. Sounds crazy but even if you fill your tub with water and stroke your hand though it like swimming will help. Water PT has always helped me the most in recoveries

Holy Cow man, good luck on the recovery...and I hope it all heals up well.

Like jszucs said, make PT (and sensibly the pain meds) your best friends :)

-N8

we will be doing some fishing in a few weeks I guarantee that ! It will just need to be a calm day and ill need a couple of fishermen and help getting the boat back on the trailer Edited by RobH

Whoa those are some serious scars there hope you have a speedy recovery and not to much pain.

They can rebuild you stronger,faster,better the new improved 10 million dollar.

Good luck on the rebuild and heal good man. :D :D

Godspeed on your recovery, careful with the pain meds dude.

thanx and the pain meds are horrible been on Percocet for the last 2 years now they have me on dilaudid it will be nice to get off all this stuff and feel like I can regain my life back

Damn dude... best of luck to you. How'd you do that again?

Just the repetitive motions working on cars for the last 22 years and my genetics I guess

thanx and the pain meds are horrible been on Percocet for the last 2 years now they have me on dilaudid it will be nice to get off all this stuff and feel like I can regain my life back

Percs are nice, Vicos are sweet too, very subtle relief while maintaining function.... but delaudid makes you wanna drool all over yourself...feels like your head is full of balloons and Pop-Rocks (at least in my experiences :))

Hope it's going smooth so far.

-N8

what type of physical therapy are they having you do?

what did the doc say y0u can and cannot do?

what type of motion do you currently have?

will you have full movement when fully healed?

Edited by importwarrior

what type of physical therapy are they having you do?

what did the doc say y0u can and cannot do?

what type of motion do you currently have?

will you have full movement when fully healed?

Not sure on pt yet I'm supposed to be off work for a 2 to 4 weeks and the doctors have begged me to change carriers thankfully the company I work for is bringing me back as management

I should have full use and motion within a year

The nerves were so compressed I had constant pain and numbness just a couple of days after surgery now I feel a ton better and already on less pain meds than before surgery