SPARK PLUGS

dmdvzla

I have been doing some research about spark plugs, and I realized that most of you are using NGK's. My question is....has anyone ever tried BOSCH super plugs? If so, what was the experience like?

I really want to know the cons and pros....

Thanks!

I've been running Bosch Platinums in my quest and my truck for years. Never had any issues, except when I switched back to Autolites in my truck. Thing ran like crap. Put a set of Platinum II's in it and all was well again.

What I would like to know is if different spark plugs make a difference the performance temperature of these cars..or how the car performs?

I know that there are "cold and hot spark plugs", but in my own humble experience; I think they only differ in the way the car idles when starting it in the morning...or when is cold. But do they make the car run at a higher temperature always?

What I would like to know is if different spark plugs make a difference the performance temperature of these cars..or how the car performs?

I know that there are "cold and hot spark plugs", but in my own humble experience; I think they only differ in the way the car idles when starting it in the morning...or when is cold. But do they make the car run at a higher temperature always?

yes, the definitely make a difference on these cars. that being said, the optimal plug that's been found through hundreds of uses by dozens of users is the NGK7031 which is heat range 7

BUT, the temp range doesn't mean they MAKE the car run hotter/colder specifically.

Edited by patra_is_here

It's the difference between a hotter, and colder spark given off. NGK cooler spark plugs have a higher number, hotter ones have a lower number. NGK BUR7EA-11 are the best choice in all around performance. Take it from someone who has tried them all:

NGK 6,7 and 8s. The NGKBUR7EA-11 Spark Plugs performed the best.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Heat range refers to the spark plugs ability to conduct heat away from the firing end. It must conduct the heat away in a even pattern to avoid becoming a source of pre-ignition, yet it must also operate hot enough to burn off conductive deposits that could cause misfiring.

Bill

BUR7EA-11 is the same as NGK7031, just different part number btw to the OP

Same part number, same spark plug ;) Using NGK 7031 just makes it easier for NGK. Less numbers and letters= less ink=less money spent by NGK :lol:

Bill

Thanks guys! my mechanic just put some BOSCH spark plugs on my car even though I told him to go with NGK. He said the BOSCH he used are the newest ones and best in his opinion....but I noticed my car runs a tad at a higher temperature compared to before.......

projected insulator vs surface discharge type.

basically the BPR has the electrode sorta out like the two on the left

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3cSRBARWyoY/ULMrk-8t8iI/AAAAAAAAAnQ/59851S850Ms/s1600/l%5B3%5D.jpg

while the BUR is more similar to the right, but with even less exposed ceramic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...