Feeler: NikoFab Windshield Wiper Cowl: Official Group Buy Thread Posted

NikoFab

Is this going to be a stock style replacement or something more aggressive? I'm in either way.

It's going to be stock only from the perspective that it will fill in the space previously occupied by the original pieces. It will have a more contemporary and clean look and finish. The mounting strategy will be different as well...much more secure. Also not going to be doing the thousand vents and vanes and such...just a couple of straking vents to make it look cool. :D

My CAD guy has my originals and my cut-outs as of this morning. First goal is to make a few prototypes and be sure the pieces fit correctly, and also employ the rise/fall to match the lines of the hood bump. Then we reproduce in a thicker gauge to add strength. Then we move to cutting ports for the wipers themselves and the vents.

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 1

I either need a stock replacement or your cool new one, as mine got chipped in the hail. But put me down for one, pending the usual questions as everyone else. You are a nifty piece building machine sir.

-noob

you got it Ian...i'll mark you down sir

pictures yet maybe? i wanna see what the piece looks like :)

Not yet...still waiting on my friend Ramone to get done with the CAD stuff. He does work for the Dept. of Defense and is doing this on the side for me...so I'm kinda on his schedule.