Feeler: NikoFab Windshield Wiper Cowl: Official Group Buy Thread Posted

NikoFab

Will it be smooth with vents cut out or would it have ridges like the factory style? One piece or two?

It will be smooth. I thought about a textured surface but decided against it when I thought about waxing the car. You can never quite get 100% of the wax out of textured surfaces.

Part of making it more contemporary involves making it simpler. There will be no ridges...these will match the hood plane.

Two pieces...for two reasons. Ease of installation and removal...and shipping cost. Please see diagram here: http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=136446&st=440#entry1488453

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 2

Cary, i don't know for sure but im going to assume that since he is sacraficing a factory piece it will be ridged as well, i do know that he has said it will be 2 pieces like the factory because that just makes it easier to make and ship, probably install as well

No sir...there won't be any ridges. These are going to be smooth, the idea being to match the hood plane(s).

But you hit the nail on the head on the two-piece and installation/shipping issues.

Smooth you say? Damnit man, you do love us niko!!!

So when do you want money and a test dummy? I got some of the hottest weather to test durability for ya ;)

I try man!

This is going to be made from the same stuff as the airdams...nice and light and durable...so the testing of the media has already been done. My mold guy actually went out and bought a roller so he can test all future parts/products right on site. No more shipping prototypes back and forth to Texas, or Tim having to drive down there from Seattle for test fits.

Edited by NikoFab
  • Like 2

I was hoping for the ridges, as i have mentioned before. Mitsubishi put the ridges there as a air divider to slice the air before hitting the windshield as a performance enhancements & control of air flow over the roof of the car when placed into the wind tunnel testing. But put me down for two as it is what it is. Thanks

I was hoping for the ridges, as i have mentioned before. Mitsubishi put the ridges there as a air divider to slice the air before hitting the windshield as a performance enhancements & control of air flow over the roof of the car when placed into the wind tunnel testing. But put me down for two as it is what it is. Thanks

Agreed

Sorry... haven't been around in quite some time, just here today/saw message; please put me down for (1) set. Thanx!

I remember seeing a cartoonish drawing of a wind tunnel diagram on some old Mitsu ad or booklet and the area above this cowl is actually more of a dead vacc. zone...similar to why some big cowl hoods have their opening on the back of the hood scoop to allow that rotating vacc. air to go right in. I'm not of the assumption that the ridges on these 2 pieces will functionally do much at all even at 100mph+ which most of us will very rarely see.

Awesome work Niko! Looking forward to seeing this!

Edited by mstieg
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...