Ultimate Street Car Challenge, Modified Magizine- AZ

Convette

Thanks guys. jsz- I'll have to check and see how close on the inside they are, but I pulled and rolled the fenders even more than before and not only rubbed on the edge but also on top of tire/inside inner fender... Not saying a 305 wont fit, but you wont be low with them. And again these are 17s so a 285 40 is prolly taller than a 285 35 18. Plus this under Extremely hard cornering. Ty- still got the same number, never going to change that. yeah lol I had to do something back there, I didn't have time to weld on a turn down so I had to protect the bumper...she got warm to say the least.

Thanks for the info. Well the good news is they are for the most part just a cruz around show type rim. Got 2 other sets to run track day tires on, for track days, auto cross ECT.

Guess I will know within the next few weeks when it warms up, and I'm willing to work at it again. + I need some spacers just the raw rim is hiting the strut without. :(

Great pics John..

Amazing work my friend.

Your car looks like a beast.

Please please glue the "built not bought" sticker back in and put those gagnsta twin muflers back..........i know cali rules but couldn.t you put them back just for the competition?

So how hard would it be to get a set of those adaoters for the cobra brakes? And congrats man!

Now that I have thoroughly tested them lol, I'm going to try to make a few sets next month. I will let you know when I do.

Great pics John..

Amazing work my friend.

Your car looks like a beast.

Please please glue the "built not bought" sticker back in and put those gagnsta twin muflers back..........i know cali rules but couldn.t you put them back just for the competition?

Thanks dude. I still have the mufflers, I just wanted to lose a bit of weight from running both. This isn't the last exhaust system that's going to be on the car. As always, I got other plans for it...

yeahhhhhh but be sure to make them before you get hanged.........sorry married i mean lol lol

And get that charger fast cause i just picture your wife to, be exchanging it with an multiblender....

O man she's got you fooled.

If y'all's women don't let you do what you want with cars, you did it wrong. On my first date with my wife, I told her I was into cars, motorcycles, and smokin weed. I told her that any girl who tried to change any of that about me would swiftly get kicked to the curb. 12 years later and she hasn't tried to change any of that stuff... not even hinted about it. In fact, if anything, she's an enabler LOL.

If y'all's women don't let you do what you want with cars, you did it wrong. On my first date with my wife, I told her I was into cars, motorcycles, and smokin weed. I told her that any girl who tried to change any of that about me would swiftly get kicked to the curb. 12 years later and she hasn't tried to change any of that stuff... not even hinted about it. In fact, if anything, she's an enabler LOL.

do you by any chance believe that the weed has helped??????????????with your wife i mean lol lol lol

If so,please tell me so i can try it with mine

Must be a pretty neat feeling to take a step back and look at what you've accomplished with this car. I'd have to say the #1 most easily recognizable SQ on the site and the one most of the members want to make theirs like. Keep it up, we all need more to aspire to.
  • Like 1

Must be a pretty neat feeling to take a step back and look at what you've accomplished with this car. I'd have to say the #1 most easily recognizable SQ on the site and the one most of the members want to make theirs like. Keep it up, we all need more to aspire to.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. It's honestly crazy. I never thought this back yard built car that I've had since I was 16, could ever become what it is. This car has been and always will be a strong passion of mine, just like most everyone on here. I've learned so much from this thing it's unbelievable.

Bay area photog representing on that one. You're welcome for bringing it to your attention haha

haha, Good looking out man for sure!

A little late to the party, but I noticed during my lunch break today that MotoIQ was also fawning over John's car while reporting the event:

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/2993/2013-modified-streetcar-shootout--the-rules-the-cars-the-big-tease.aspx

Nice work, John!