She asked.

Dartomotive

Sounds like she's thinking rationally and he's stuck on stubborn male attitude of "I must overcome this."

Sounds like she knows he's not smart enough to do the job right. He already blew through $2500 on an engine rebuild, pretty sure he could have gotten a used one for much less.

True, but he does have a point. I had to have a sit down with my girlfriend who pitched a fit with me even thinking about doing any sort of upgrades to my Starion. I mean, I didn't buy it to have it sit in a garage and look pretty.

Still, I've also been there where rebuilt the engine, and had to redo it again. Trial and error is a beast.

DERNnnnnn! Are there "really" women who would do that? Point me in that direction! ;) Great response, & I noticed she didn't respond as of yet? GL :) Edited by kidjc

Way to put that GF in her place!! HAHA!

btw .. My GF is always willing to get dirty and "help" Sometimes she even learns a thing or 2

Mine is too, just never in the gurage. She will ask you to "show her" then less then 1/4 way though it she's TXTing, Facebooking, or GOWN. I learned "Will you show me how to......" = Baby I need this fixed on my car will you fix it. Without her having to ask.

tl;dr

He basically told the girlfriend to stop complaining and start helping him.

This story actually reminds me of my girlfriend. You see, she's like my running Starquest (I don't have a running Starquest :mellow:)