Attention TIM C! or anyone with a Tim C Scream'in Banshee Cam!

Ono

To make a long story short, the guys who are putting the finishing touches on my car told me the cam (A Scream'in Banshee Cam) is too long and they can't get a cap or a seal over the back of it on my car. Therefore it's leaking oil really bad due it's length. They say they can have the excess cut off by a machine shop, but I know there has to be a better way because I know there are folks out there running them, and I'm sure Tim C wouldn't be selling a part that requires a bunch of work beyond installing it and driving the car.

Does anyone have an answer? This is typical SNAFU......I just got back from a-Stan, been waiting for this point for 5 years, and now something stupid like this is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it's sticking out the back and they can't seal it with a cap, it's sticking out too far. Amazing, it's just hit after the next. Very frustrating.

it takes a seal. or have them cut the end off, not a big deal

word of advice ,,use 2 cam seals not one , dealer fix many years ago

but best thing to do is cut the long end off, and use the 2.6 turbo cam plug ,,ALL front wheel drv caravan 2.6 engines use'd a remote water pump,,that extention is where the belt pully was mount'd

I finally got on here and responded to your PM from JAN 22nd too.

All aftermarket cams for these cars had the Caravan tail. Those aren't so available now, and 99.9% of cams are made from reground stock style cores. All new cores are still made with the tail as far as I know. Some people prefer the cam seals, some like to cut the tail off. So I leave it on and let you decide. A hack saw will cut it easily.

if you do go the seal route, do as i sugest'd and use 2 seals or they will leak

theres room for both seals ,i've done this many times

also with all metal clad seals do not install with theoutter surface dry, use rtv or trim adsive to help them stay in place