Tactical/Assault rifles....

BC_99

Ill be happy if i will still be able to take delivery of my Stag lefty AR. Now that the manure heads in DC have magically "saved" the country with their tax deal they will probably have plenty of time to chip away at our constitutional rights.

Ill be happy if i will still be able to take delivery of my Stag lefty AR. Now that the manure heads in DC have magically "saved" the country with their tax deal they will probably have plenty of time to chip away at our constitutional rights.

Palermo, Now is the time to buy ALL the Assault Rifles you can get your hands on ;)

I went through this in the Assault Weapons Ban of1994. In California, The prices skyrocketed over night on Assault Rifles and High Capacity magazines for Rifles and Pistols.

I feel the same law "with more provisions" will be enacted again.This time it will be even more stringent than 1994 ;) .

I have been through this crap in California over my AK-47 in 1994. I had to submit to being thumb printed, pay a $20.00 fee and then register my AK-47 with the California Dept. of Justice just to be able to take the weapon out of my door. Also. I had to take the letter that gave me approval to show that my AK-47 was registered with the Ca. Dept. of Justice (that the Cal. Dept. of Justice sent me back) in order to travel within the state of California with my AK-47...(Letter had to be with the weapon) B.S.? You bet.

P.S. I didn't do this on my own....They got the information from the Federal governments back round check as to who the weapon was sold to and sent me the demand to register the Weapon. It wasn't a request to do so. It was either register the rifle with the Ca. Dept of Justice, or lose it to confiscation.So, what does that tell you. A form of Gun Control perhaps? Sounds like something China or North Korea would do ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Bill, Im picking up what you are laying down there, and to be honest... the thought of it scares the crap outta me, but I have a bad feeling that its what we all may be in for. Thanks again for the insights concerning these topics.

BC_99

• Like 1

My home defense gun is an "unconventional" double barrel shotgun with 00 buckshot. There is nothing better as an in house defense weapon because it only takes one shot to "eliminate" the threat but you have to be experienced at drywall repair and painting if the intruder was on the other side of the wall. Another good thing is precise aiming is not neccessary. Hip shots work fine. Edited by marso

Fully automatic weapons have been illegal(for the general public) since the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Incorrect. You have to apply for a Class III license. I have a Class III dealer within a mile of my house. Such an awesome place to visit.

Incorrect. You have to apply for a Class III license. I have a Class III dealer within a mile of my house. Such an awesome place to visit.

What Bill is getting at is, what I posted up above, If you are a class 3 dealer, you arent exactly general public. You are approved to have about anything military and law enforcement are able to have. Alot of hoops to jump through to get to that point I would imagine. So Blue, what do you have and what does your class 3 friend have?

BC_99

What Bill is getting at is, what I posted up above, If you are a class 3 dealer, you arent exactly general public. You are approved to have about anything military and law enforcement are able to have. Alot of hoops to jump through to get to that point I would imagine. So Blue, what do you have and what does your class 3 friend have?

BC_99

Take no offense, but is that a serious question? Hehe

Seriously, just try to obtain a Class 3 license today........Good luck after Sandy Hook. The Federal Government is looking to stop Assault Weapons from being sold to the public.Chances of obtaining a Class 3 license under these circumstances.....Slim to none ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Yes its a serious question. You seem to have knowledge of tactical firearms and the laws pertaining to them, and you read this thread for a reason right? So what kinda cool firearms and related stuff do you and your buddy have?

BC_99

Yes its a serious question. You seem to have knowledge of tactical firearms and the laws pertaining to them, and you read this thread for a reason right? So what kinda cool firearms and related stuff do you and your buddy have?

BC_99

There are 2 mentalities with firearms, open and closed. Some thing people should be very open because they think openess will help the cause because it exposes people to the idea that many people enjoy firearms. Others don't want people to know what they have. They are expensive items that many would like to take away, by legal or illegal thieft.

All you do is fill out a Form 4 for any full auto weapon built before 1986. That and $200 Tax Stamp to the ATF and you wait 6-12 months. It gets approved, you get the gun transferred to your nearest FFL and enjoy.

Anyway back on topic.

http://minagera.org/gallery/var/resizes/Firearms/2013-01-09%2021_10_37.jpg

My AMD-65 with a 40 round mag. Legal in Alabama.

And since I am a hording troll I stocked up on some mags.

http://minagera.org/gallery/var/resizes/Firearms/2013-01-09%2021_37_05.jpg

Also have my PPS-43c which is chamber in 7.62x25mm however it is about to become a 9mm.

http://minagera.org/gallery/var/resizes/Firearms/2013-01-09%2022_25_50.jpg

The typical AR Thinger, this is a 22LR though. S&W MP 15-22

http://minagera.org/gallery/var/resizes/Firearms/2013-01-09%2022_28_02.jpg

And last but not least the trusty ole Yugo SKS.

http://minagera.org/gallery/var/resizes/Firearms/2013-01-09%2022_27_00.jpg

I have a bunch of those stuff, but it is mainly pistols and stripped AR lowers which are boring.

There are 2 mentalities with firearms, open and closed. Some thing people should be very open because they think openess will help the cause because it exposes people to the idea that many people enjoy firearms. Others don't want people to know what they have. They are expensive items that many would like to take away, by legal or illegal thieft.

Out of respect for my friend, I won't list his weapons without his permission.

I personally only own a few firearms currently. :( I've had to let a few go to help with bills. But I own currently:

Mosin Nagant long rifle

Marlin .22 single shot bolt with a scope(plinking, squirrel hunting)

Mossberg Maverick 88 with 18" barrel and pistol grip

And I have a Remington R1 1191 on the way. (.45acp)

Next will be the Springfield XD40.

Most of the guns I shoot or keep are my father's, which I won't list without his permission. Being that my father is a retired Ranger, I was drilled and drilled and drilled on firearm knowledge as well as spending plenty of my spare hours at the range with him. Guns, cars, and horses are our bonding points, since we don't really have a good father/son relation, so we spend a good portion of our time together at the range, learning me up.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8331/8381791352_7715e11189.jpg

went shooting last week. my buddies CA legal AK47 pistol. (clip modified to be 10 round).

Enjoy your toys while you can. Changes are coming. Clip modified to be 10 rounds....LOL. I have a 75 round drum mag. for my AK-47.....But, those days are numbered. I saw what happened in 1994 with the Assault Weapons ban. Prices on Assault Rifles and high capacity mags. went sky high. This Assault Weapons ban will be much more stringent. Take my word for it. They will want to take the Assault Weapons you already own!!! If not today, maybe tomorrow. I don't believe a word about the government not targeting prior Assault Weapons owners. We will all see when the Feds. pass the new law. And it will come. ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I completely disagree. If you have it play with it. Getting new, to you, stuff will be harder.

You were 9 years old when the 1994 Assault Weapons ban went into effect. I was 39. I think I know what i'm talking about. I lived though one Assault Weapons ban. How many have you been through? one, at 9 years of age :lol:

I was buying Assault Rifles and high volume mags. at that time. So, I think I know what was going on back then.

Minagera, How many Assault Rifles and high volume mags did you buy, and how much did you pay above the retail price back in 1994 when you were 9 years old???

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

You were 9 years old when the 1994 Assault Weapons ban went into effect. I was 39. I think I know what i'm talking about. I lived though one Assault Weapons ban. How many have you been through?

Bill

That's the great thing about history, it is generally documented so you can go back are review it.

That's the great thing about history, it is generally documented so you can go back are review it.

Irregardless, you were only 9 years old at that time, and as your being that young had no experiences buying assault rifles, high volume mags. cigarettes,alcohol or anything else forbidden to minors.... except maybe Ice cream. :lol:

Bill

Irregardless, you were only 9 years old at that time, and as your being that young had no experiences buying assault rifles, high volume mags. cigarettes,alcohol or anything else forbidden to minors.... except maybe Ice cream. :lol:

Bill

True enough at 9 years old I had no deals of forbidden materials.

I was of legal gun ownership age in 94, and I don't remember anybody coming and taking people's guns. I don't see them confiscating all assault weapons this time either. They may take a few from people deemed mentally unstable or for some other good reason, but I gotta think that if it ever came to the govt. asking everyone to turn in their guns, there would be some sort of revolution.

Things are deffinately gonna be harder to get now tho. If you have a gun or mags you've been wanting, buy it now. If you're low on ammo,do it before the crazy prices come.