My 2jz build experience

Confuzd

Man i looked at one of those 2J engine and trans combo man that was over 7 big joints lot of paper.

No...no $1700 and these guys are right down the street from me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Aristo-Lexus-GS300-JDM-2JZ-GTE-VVT-i-Engine-2JZGTE-Motor-Trans-ECU-Wiring-/321224549550?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aca79a4ae&vxp=mtr

Yeah, that's my car. Was going to post them here when I had time to sit down and write a nice post. Actually tried one day at work and couldnt get it to work and gave up...lol. Thanks for posting them. I still need to figure out what is wrong with the Idle control valve. I should be able to get back at it around the end of December.
  • Like 1

And you don't have to cut the radiator support

dont mean to hijack. but you can get the 2jz and r154 together in the car without cutting the support? how? taking the front engine cross member off and lowering the car on

the engine? for the peeps that dont have a lift anyway to do it without cutting the radiator support

Edited by 87quest_stv

dont mean to hijack. but you can get the 2jz and r154 together in the car without cutting the support? how? taking the front engine cross member off and lowering the car on

the engine? for the peeps that dont have a lift anyway to do it without cutting the radiator support

Yes and you can also take off the tranny...put the engine in...then put the tranny back on. (yes more work) but all you need is an engine lift.

Yes and you can also take off the tranny...put the engine in...then put the tranny back on. (yes more work) but all you need is an engine lift.

thats the route I was going to take. but if there was a way to slide the whole assembly in without cutting the support and without having to lower the car on the engine.

I had to lift the car up a mile to get it in. I just used the engine lift and regular jack with a little brace that I made to go on the jack to hold the tranny from falling over.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/gr8white1/2JZ%20Project/DSC01269.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/gr8white1/2JZ%20Project/DSC01268.jpg

• 5 months later...
I havent gave up on this project. I've been super busy with work and planning a wedding. Im getting married on May 29th. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to this thing some time in June. I actually drove the car this past August from my dad's shop over to my new place. The trans felt good and didnt have any issues other than the alternator not working. Wish I would have tested it before I put the motor in the car. I still need to mount my ECU, have an exhaust made for it, and have someone tune it for me. I'm pretty excited about getting married but it's sucking away all my mod money...lol

• 2 months later...

So I've finally been able to get back to my ride. I've got the alternator issue worked out. I didn't have it wired right. I hate wiring. The thing fires right up. It idles a little funky at first and you have to help it stay going. I still have to figure out my ICAV. It's sucking tons of air. Ive just capped it off for the time being.

Right now I'm needing to knock out mounting the ECU. Does any of you 2jz guys have pictures of how you mounted your ECU in the car??? I've mocked mine up but I don't know if it's going to be sturdy enough. Any pics you guys have would help a lot.

I did get it mounted. I'm not sure Im going to be able to run that big black box where the A/C condenser was but oh well. I'll rig something up so it can pass air through there. I'll post some pics later....

Yeah, hand rolling is the preferred method there.

They are ordering the muffler for me and he needed some pipe is the word I got. I'm not rushing them. I just want some good quality work done. I still have a good bit to do on this thing and I don't have unlimited funds to get it all knocked out in a hurry.