Reuse my chain guides?

Killtodie

So I bought new chain guides thinking mine where trashed (and my old ones from the old engine where trashed so I expected my latest ones too) Anyway, they are perfectly fine. Not a single mark or scratch on them.

I already bought $60 worth of new ones from Rockauto, shipping them back will be a PITA cause they came from like 5 different warehouses and I would need to ship back to each one. I figure I sell them here.

Can I just reuse them, they are flawless as I described. Or is this one of those parts that should be replaced? I can take some pics later.

I think you knew the answer to this question before you asked it. I think you need to stop second guessing yourself and use common sense. Are your other ones perfectly fine? Yes. Do I need to use the new ones then? No.

I know its easy to simply ask here and wait for a reply but I think what you need to start doing is trust that you can make a rational decision IF the information isn't available to you.

A. Look in the FAQ

B. Look in the FSM

C. Think about it to yourself and see if logic dictates an answer

Then, if you've tried all of those things, make a post. I know people give you s*** etc on here for "useless" posts and I certainly don't condone that kinda thing... But sometimes you just need to use that brain of yours and trust yourself man. I'm only saying this to help you out, I have no ill intentions.

Allen

I think you knew the answer to this question before you asked it. I know people give you s*** etc on here for "useless" posts sometimes you just need to use that brain of yours and trust yourself man.

Allen

AMEM!!!!

Bill

I'm in the middle of a rebuild myself. I have 2 two sets of chain guides from different motors - both used. What does "trashed" look like? Just curious - my first rebuild.