UPDATE!! 86 WideBody: On its Death Sentence!

So I was driving in the San Fe Valley and came across a sad pathetic site. A poorly treated '86 Widebody Starion with manual seat belts.

I was in my tow truck, immediately stopped, busted a crazy U turn and flew into that tire shop lot to ask "who's car is that? How much U want?".

It was just sitting there on the lot, awaiting the grim reaper to come for her (junkyard tow truck).

I know the guys at the shop, they told me it was a customers car, he left it there and called a boneyard to come get it. I was too late, grim reaper had already been summond, once its called, there is no stopping it!

So sadly, a complete, rust free, manual belt widebody starion with the turbo hatch, is off to its death. Guy didnt know what boneyard it was going to.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/1339172044.jpg

Edited by louswheel01

Hell...I would have waited for the towtruck and followed them. That or get the phone number or name off the towtruck. It's a sad sight. It really is. I still can't believe the black 87 Conquest with no rust and a flawless interior, exterior and engine in a local JY about 4 months ago. It was more than infuriating. I got every bit off of it that I could but still wasn't enough IMO.

Thanks,

Charles Palka

What a shame!

Dam Cali guys don't understand how hard it is to find one in that kind of shape in the northeast :(

Yep, frame rails were intact! Body was in fairly good shape, no rust. It blew a headgasket and thats it, garbage time.

86 FTMFW.

The problem is the 86's are way too awesome for most to contemplate... so they need heavier and slower cars like the 87-89's so the car doesn't overwhelm them... LOL...

-Robert

Haha I knew I'd get someone going on that post!

Going? Are you kidding me. We could hear Robert screaming "NOOOOOOO!!!!!" all the way from Oregon! :lol:

• Like 1

Going? Are you kidding me. We could hear Robert screaming "NOOOOOOO!!!!!" all the way from Oregon! :lol:

Lmao! At least it's going to have a fast death. If the guy took it back it'd be slowly rotting away behind his trailer in the trailer corral like most 86's

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: explode() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1155</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php</b> on line <b>1157</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>307</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>308</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/starque/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php:1155) in <b>/home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php</b> on line <b>309</b><br />

I wish you had found that sooner. I have a HG here and could have bought it and had it running again in no time for cheap. :( :(

Ditto on that! Got a spare HG in the shop. I would have even found the money to have it shipped! :-/

I need the side lights off that car...to go with my other lightweight 86 parts...

86 FTMFW.

The problem is the 86's are way too awesome for most to contemplate... so they need heavier and slower cars like the 87-89's so the car doesn't overwhelm them... LOL...

-Robert

Edited by JohnnyWadd

The parts car I sent to the crusher was way more stripped then that. Dang that was a waste. They literally dragged my parts car on the truck off jack stands. My drive way has the drag scars and stains to prove it! Some are just at the end of their life and get neglected off to the crusher.

So the guy that sold it to the boneyard tells me today where it went. By now she's been raped for all the usual parts, intercooler, turbo, injectors and cyl head if it was any good. She's at a local pick yo self parts. Oh well.

I am in need of intercooler and piping and some misalleanous parts.

So here it is, sitting at pick your part in Sun Valley if anyone local is interested in parts. Full on manual seat belt swap.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/1340406299.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/1340406332.jpg

I thought the 12a maybe good, but look....

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/80sriceman/1340406225.jpg

Biggest mistake of my starquest career was selling my 86 widebody conquest. It had never been in an accident and had literally zero rust. I sold it because I was more attached to my 87 and didn't see the reason in owning two starions. I should have sold my 87 however but live and Learn. it had cloth seats and manual belts. Both things im dying to have now.