Got Boost?

Lizzord30

I can hear a rather loud sucking sound from the air filter after i turn off the car for about 3 or 4 seconds lol and i am guessing my vacume is so low now (about 12vac) because the turbo is spinning so much lol. (never use to do that before with the same turbo).

Wheres the burnout video? :)

Chad-

Lol well burn outs arnt that impressive since even stock cars can do that :P Try to get 15psi dry reving a stock car :D But really I am waiting till Tuesday since the Secretary of state isn't open :wacko: Need to get plates for it. I could drive it without.... but bright red loud cars tend to attract the police lol.

what do your egts/coolant temps look like during this?

my car did the same thing with a gt3788r.

come to find out my timing was retarding severly making my egts skyrocket and coolant temps spike.

it seemed cool at first until I tried to drive it like that. where it felt like it was hitting a brick wall but making massive boost.

that isn't normal, as cool as it is. :)

try reving it like that while someone watches a timing light.

what do your egts/coolant temps look like during this?

my car did the same thing with a gt3788r.

come to find out my timing was retarding severly making my egts skyrocket and coolant temps spike.

it seemed cool at first until I tried to drive it like that. where it felt like it was hitting a brick wall but making massive boost.

that isn't normal, as cool as it is. :)

try reving it like that while someone watches a timing light.

My colant temps keep pretty steady at 80-83c (fan comes on and it goes down). I dont have a EGT on it. I have just started to tune the car, the timing was at 10 at idle like the ecu map says it should be. But havnt tested if the map is working like it should yet, but my max timing without boost is only 29 and overall not very agressive with it. I am a little worried tho since I may have boost issues since i wish my boost setting would be less then 15 at lest to start out. I will soon test my exhaust manifold backpressure also.

Edit: I will also test my colant temp with a laser reader also soon to see if my ecu is calabrated with the colant temp sensor.

Edited by Lizzord30

I will add timing later, for now i have no idea where is lean or rich so i like to be conservative, and leave the aggressiveness when dyno tuning.

I recreated the factory advance as close as I could for everything lower that 0 psi. The FSM tells you what the dizzy advance does at different loads and rpm. I made my points the same as oem and sloped everything in between.

don't do the build boost free rev's any more ,, when you can build boost on a free rev it means you have a problem with fuel mix or timeing , i know it looks COOL but it's not good for your engine

you can safely use 36btdc as a non boost timeing max advance point , the higher the fuel octane the higher the timeing can go