LED Tail Light Conversion Kits

MotoCam360

just needs a grommet/screw that'll be flush with the lights. I doubt anything else can be done. He has those molds already made.

Ya I see what you mean. I think they'lll look great still. I see the possibility of a molded lense and i am thinking a clear replacement lense becasue thats what i want for mine.Wishful thinking.

I think these pictures will better illustrate how insignificant the mounting screws/caps are in the design, plus they're nice and symmetrical. The only way to remove them is to create mounting bosses on the backside, which is an injection molded process, not a thermo forming process. Injection molding starts off at $20k and goes up from there.....I've already got $5k into this design project and that's all I'm willing to risk for this orphaned car:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Tail%20Lights/SQLEDmounted2.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Tail%20Lights/SQLEDmounted.jpg

Wow, those look awesome! Well done sir. I may have to get a set of those and the led replacements for stockers when you get to that. Great work, thanks so much for bringing these new products and ideas to this orphaned community. ;)

BC_99

is there no way to just replicate the 83 lenses? its easy to pull any of the old one's apart to restore them like new. but thenm it probably wont be worth the money.......:(

keep up the goods!

I would imagine getting the LEDs to look good with the grooves in the 83 replicated lens would be a much more difficult task

It's easier when the lends is completely flat so the LEDs behind look good in any setup

They look great, but for the caps on the hardware. Understanding that injection moulding is out of the question and you cannot make standoffs with your current process; could you make the "hardware caps" from the same material as the lens and the same shape as the recesses in the cover so as they snap onto the head of the screw and look flush once installed? sort of like how the little reflecters are mounted on the factory tail light housings.

is there no way to just replicate the 83 lenses? its easy to pull any of the old one's apart to restore them like new. but thenm it probably wont be worth the money....... :(

keep up the goods!

I've been looking into having the 83 lenses replicated. I have run into the same issues Moto mentioned with the cost of injection molding ect. I am looking into other options for us at the moment. So, hang tight, I have 5 sets of 83 tails and 3 sets are cracked badly and need lense replaced, so one way or another, I am gonna figure out how to reproduce some. When I get it figured out and R&Ded, I will post up results ect. Sorry for the thread jack Moto.

BC_99

Drum roll.................. I will be offering 4 different light patterns to choose from.

Price point for the entire conversion kit (LED flasher, LED light assembly, Lenses) will be $379 and up (depending on lighting configuration):

I will post video when I'm back in town next week

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Tail%20Lights/SQLEDbrakelite.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/motocam360/SQ%20Tail%20Lights/SQLEDHazards.jpg

Hazards On - not my best camera, but you get the idea!!

Edited by MotoCam360