torque tube bearings

allen405

Where do you get them from? I looked on Rockauto.com but I didn't see it under drivetrain or manual tranny. Was I looking in the wrong area?

I looked at some old posts but couldn't get a clear answer on where to get them from.

Not much to write up honestly. Remove TT, pull out TT shaft, remove snap ring holding bearing in, tap bearing out from rear to front, assemble in reverse order with grease on TT shaft splines.

Replacement Nachi brand TT bearing,

6206-2NSE

#s off OEM bearing

DG306216WRK-1

Not much to write up honestly. Remove TT, pull out TT shaft, remove snap ring holding bearing in, tap bearing out from rear to front, assemble in reverse order with grease on TT shaft splines.

Replacement Nachi brand TT bearing,

6206-2NSE

#s off OEM bearing

DG306216WRK-1

Do the write up then. And what about the other parts like the gear on the differential and the actual tube if its got bad teeth. Available?

Replacement shafts are NLA. You either find a good used one or live with the clunking. The shaft fits inside the tube and is small. The tube just supports the shaft and diff. I have a diff in my backyard I could do a writup on if I wanted to.

Replacement shafts are NLA.

Oh did you actually look into that? From what i'm finding its a part number MB160582 for the shaft, MB290746 for the intercooled assembly, MB160900 for the non intercooled assembly, and available from mitsubishi parts dot net. I recall this happened with the center links tons of people thought NLA because one guy said so and then a buch of us got them from www.mitsubishiparts.net

This is the shaft, the torque tube for intercooled and non intercooled.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z388/starionkiller/th_2012-03-27195944.jpg

The tube just supports the shaft and diff.

Um ya that why i wonder if the tube is available alone.

You either find a good used one or live with the clunking.

Well obviously.

I have a diff in my backyard I could do a writup on if I wanted to.

Ok sweet. Good info. I thought we where talking torque tubes.

Source..

Part numbers http://www.starquestgarage.com/partsloc/conquest/1988/88_conquest_parts_locator_-_group_03_-_rear_axle.pdf

Edited by JohnnyWadd

I was the one who told the club centerlinks were still available. But only 10 in the US. I bought a few to store on my shelf. ;)

I was told by my friend that he bought the last new TT shaft in the US a few years ago. He showed it to me. He bought it to have as a spare.

I was the one who told the club centerlinks were still available. But only 10 in the US. I bought a few to store on my shelf. ;)

I was told by my friend that he bought the last new TT shaft in the US a few years ago. He showed it to me. He bought it to have as a spare.

I remember that. You where collecting parts to build one and never did. I'm glad yo ugot some for your shelf.

He showed it to me.

Im jealous :wub:

Edited by JohnnyWadd

• 2 months later...
I have seen a lot of these where the bearing is loose in the boar and sliding front to back in the housing. I think that's where a lot of the clanging come from. I would suggest green lock tight and a shim under the snap ring.

• 3 weeks later...

that ebay link.. came up the top with what looks like the bearing.. very cheap option and looks to be easy to replace. i've replaced the grease on the spline of my TT.. it looked half decent but i put so much grease in there it didn't solve the issue. so from my actions i believe that bearing has alot more play in the clunking of gears.

just to confirm this is definitely the right replacement bearing for the TT?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6206-2NSE-Nachi-30x62x16-C3-30mm-62mm-16mm-Japan-Ball-Radial-Ball-Bearings-/360392069180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e90a903c

if you have the old bearing and numbers a readable,,most towns have a comercial bearing and drives store,, you go buy size and dementions not aplication , and all bearings are metric , i've found them to be a great sourse for finding hard to find metal clad seals also

• 2 weeks later...
going to order that nachi one i think.. cheap enough and from what i've read it fits like oem. can't go wrong! pity there is no tubes anymore but oh well...

• 3 months later...

Good stuff. I also wonder what's included in the MB290746 "Assembly"? It would seem to infer the whole shibang?

GREAT FAQ writeup btw Kev. Thanks! Hope the teeth on mine are still decent.

Edited by mstieg