Lambo doors

Ono

So I was having another sleepless night last night and was looking through the body and interior mods. I came across a post from several years ago from a guy in Canada who put a bolt on Lambo door kit on his car. He said it was pretty easy and the end result looked great.

I went to the site and looked for the kit he bought (he said it was the Evo style kit even though they make one for Starion) The only Evo kit I saw was for 2003-2005 Evo's. He said it was the "Evo autostyle bolt-on kit"...........I don't want to assume anything even though it's pretty obvious that that's the kit he bought.......I think.....

I was wondering if anyone else who was posting on the thread bought a kit and if you did, was it the 03-05 Evo kit? The guy who originated the thread hasn't been on here since Jan and I sent him a PM but haven't gotten a reply back. He mentioned he sold his car so I doubt he comes around too frequently.

I want to make sure before I drop that amount of cash that I get the right ones (it doesn't make sense that he would buy an 03-05 Evo kit when they make one specifically for a Quest) and well, the way crap works for me, if there is the slightest possibility for things to go South, they will and at the rapid rate at that.

So, anyone else buy the kit? My car is almost done after 5 years in the making (3 or which were in far away lands so not much was done to it) and I think this kit might be the final touch it needs before paint although the jury is still out as of right now.

Maybe one of you motivated guys could inquire about a group purchase deal if there was enough interest. There were surprisingly few posts on that thread and I think it might be just due to that particular forum's lack of over-all traffic?

Talk amongst yourselves........discuss.

I've seen lambo doors on quest, I do not like how they look and for the fatty the doors dont open up enough to get in easy.

also, if your fanta and roll your car, you will die a fiery death.

Trying to find who had them installed here

Edited by Killtodie

That's what I was trying to do, find someone else who put them on and get a second opinion. We all like what we like, I personally hate any rims other then stockers on our cars save a VERY few exceptions. As far as ease of getting in and out goes, that could be an issue for me. The guy who did it originally said he was 5'10" and 155, I'm 5'7" and 208 and I'm not fat, so that could cause an issue for me. On the other hand, sometimes it's not about functionality, it's about how cool you look getting to where your going LOL! A very large friend once told me in the gym, it's not how much you can lift, it's about how much you LOOK like you can lift.

As far as a roll-over goes, what would Lambo doors have to do with anything? Kick the glass out or die trying......or don't drive like an idiot. Sorry Fanta.

That reminds me of a poster I saw recently with a Honda in the foreground and a lambo in the background with a caption reading " Lambo doors - so played out by ricers that even Lamborghini stopped doing them!"

:D

That reminds me of a poster I saw recently with a Honda in the foreground and a lambo in the background with a caption reading " Lambo doors - so played out by ricers that even Lamborghini stopped doing them!"

:D

i seen it too lol wish i saved it lol

Ehhhhh, yeah, they don't open very much at all. I also didn't realize that it was a ricer thing. I don't really follow that stuff or pay attention. Guess I should go rent all the Fast 5 movies and make myself smart on the subject. I see they have a Gull wing kit to, maybe I'll go that route. Definitely not doing the Lambo door thing now. Once again the smart ones educating the uninformed ones here. Thanks for heads up.

Ehhhhh, yeah, they don't open very much at all. I also didn't realize that it was a ricer thing. I don't really follow that stuff or pay attention. Guess I should go rent all the Fast 5 movies and make myself smart on the subject. I see they have a Gull wing kit to, maybe I'll go that route. Definitely not doing the Lambo door thing now. Once again the smart ones educating the uninformed ones here. Thanks for heads up.

Those ones people are posting are not the same as devilstarions. Hes the guy from Canada and those hinges open more.

Lamborgini stopped making lambo doors because when the car flipped people would get trapped inside. There have been owners burned alive in their lambo because they couldn't get out.

They seem neat but a safety hazzard I don't want on my car.

They still do Lamborghini-style doors. I believe the style in Italian roughly translates to "Scissor Doors"

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Lambo-Aventador-625x461.jpg

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/lamborghin-reventon-next-to-the-tornado-thumbnail.jpg

Mine are a universal kit welded to brackets to make them "bolt on". There are a few members that have kits that go 90 degrees also. It's definitely not the most practical thing to do, but it turns heads. Plus, I'm a young ricer punk..... so it works for me. Lol

Chad-

I'm not a fan of the lambo doors myself, although I don't care that they are "ricey." Most people in a particular car culture seem to think other car cultures are backwards. I say mix and match!

On the safety hazard front, I had a friend who had some spring-loaded device that he claimed would crack the windshield or window enough for you to then kick the safety glass the rest of the way out. He kept it in his console box in case the car went off the road into water. I don't know if they work, etc., etc., but I think the problem with trying to kick your way through auto safety glass is that you can't make the force of your impact concentrate on a small enough area... Might be something to look into if you have these doors.

there are "lambo" style doors that open out as well as up. When you're in a hurry you just swing it out like a normal car door, when you want it to go up you let it go and it goes up. in a wreck itd actually be safer because it will move away from the hinge in two different directions

Lamborgini stopped making lambo doors because when the car flipped people would get trapped inside. There have been owners burned alive in their lambo because they couldn't get out.

They seem neat but a safety hazzard I don't want on my car.

Ya but the starion ones and most aftermarket ones open outwards first and lock closed just like stock, totally different that the actual lambos that are made to only operate one way. Your door still has to open and close and latch just like oem. Ya the opening straight out range is limited but it can be pushed out farther if needed it not built into the stucture to only open upwards.

Here is a shot of pasenger side with the lambo hinge on mine..

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4530/83starion005.th.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8615/picture033in.th.jpg

there are "lambo" style doors that open out as well as up. When you're in a hurry you just swing it out like a normal car door, when you want it to go up you let it go and it goes up. in a wreck itd actually be safer because it will move away from the hinge in two different directions

Yup, and the outward swing is actually fairly fragile too so if you had any arm or leg strength you could open it as far as you wanted. The lambo places have that warning about opening them in the wind because it can force it beyond its range, so it able to open like in a pinch. I think the danger would be the hinge failing over time from too much stress on the hinge points and the bolts failing and the door not lending support to the cars integrity in a crash because it fell off. Maybe an escape hatch in the floor is the way to go just in case...

Edited by JohnnyWadd

gullwings > lambo doors

can we rename lambo doors? since lambo stopped doing them lol

i wanna see a quest with suicide doors :D would be funny

lolwat

Pretty sure Lamborghini still uses these doors

Edited by leesfer

I'd like to see these on a Quest! Has anyone seen this system (click the link)?

Disappearing Car Doors ,probably pricey though!

-N8

All it takes is money . . . lots of it . . .I would think exhaust and grime issues would become a problem after a few uses. And the likelihood that someone would be like me and go driving with the doors down.