let me pick your brain

Big John

a local friend has a quest and it was running fine until a few days ago. now when you try to start it there is no injector pulse but if you shoot a little either in it and get it running so the rpm's get to 1000 or so bam! injectors start to pulse like normal and runs fine. i want to try to help him out but need some ideas on what could cause this. thanks john

It does sound as if whatever provides the signal to fire the injectors is not getting it's proper trigger, or a weak trigger....until the engine isspinning fast enough to generate a better trigger.

I do not know what triggers the ECu to fire the injectors, though. Sorry :(

Turborusty

If there's no power to the ECU it won't fire the injectors but the ignition system is separate from the ECU. First there must be a tach pulse to get the coil to fire and that must be working or it wouldn't run but that signal can't do anything at the ECU if it doesn't get power. The ECI fuse link is in the holder behind the battery. Also check the wires in the distributor plug and the wires under the ignitor mounting scews. Those loop terminal wires under that ignitor need a clean ground.

come on guys ,, this is not how you fix a car ,,TROUBLE SHOOT , TROUBLE SHOOT ,,,,NOT GUESS

sounds like many guys need to go read the fuel chaptor in the fsm,, first part " how every thing works and works togather "

or some thing to that effect ,, if you have NO idea how some thing works you have less then '0' chance fixing it