im just gunna leave this here...

hachi_destroyer

saw this today:

figured id leave it here and see what happened. I find it interesting that this is the only video that Mr. Perry didn't disallow voting thumb up or thumb down on but id say it gives an idea of what the youtube community thinks of this video. comments AND voting were disabled on the rest of his videos that i found.

Edited by hachi_destroyer

I'm kinda bummed Perry has screwed himself over. He's a very nice guy and has done great things for TX, but there's no way he can make a comeback to get the nomination now. As soon as I heard he was running, he had my vote, because he's a family friend, but now I gotta hope that maybe Ron Paul gets in cause the rest of them are no better than Perry in my eyes. This may be the first time since I turned 18 that I don't vote.

Ron Paul is the most dangerous man in the running.. His international policy is of showing weakness to a world where weakness is an invite to attack.. If he gets in expect malls, schools, and churchs to be attacked... He is far weaker than even Obama on defense... These freedoms you all enjoy of going out any where you like in relative peace will be gone.. His basic open borders policy and with the connection of Hamas to the mexican drug cartels are too risky... He knows his economy I give him that but I rather be poor and safe thsn rich and afraid for my childrens safety due to a Coward and Chief..

Each candidate has his issues, no perfect one can be found and never will be found.. Newt did balance the budget, reformed welfare, and caused gave us a surplus.. Yeah he has issues but he will be far better than Obama in every way... You may not like him but he may be what we need to keep us from being 3rd world nation..

We cannot afford 4 mores years of Obama.. The first 4 he had something to lose if he gets relected he will collapse this nation..

but I rather be poor and safe thsn rich and afraid for my childrens safety due to a Coward and Chief..

It would be coward in chief, not coward and chief. The president is the commander in chief. If you're going to make a play on words, at least get the words right.

It would be coward in chief, not coward and chief. The president is the commander in chief. If you're going to make a play on words, at least get the words right.

I'm glad you said it first Chip. It peaked my interest ;).

An a ahole by any other name stinks the same buddy...

Either way, all of the current candidates are crap personally. I think a user on another forum I frequent put it best.

People in The Netherlands have always looked up to the USA. It won't be long before that stops, I guess. These are stories I read, watched and heard in the mainstream media over here:

• your political system is one of the most corrupt systems in the world
  • your politicians represent companies instead of people
  • your government will probably censor the internet
  • your government detains without trial
  • your government tortures people
  • your government hires mercenaries
  • your government does nothing to improve education
  • your president doesn't have any real influence over what happens
  • your presidential candidates are stupid beyond belief
  • your presidential candidates promote stupidity
  • your presidential candidates are not taken seriously over here
  • your elections are a joke
  • your media outlets cannot be trusted
  • your media outlets focus on distractions instead of main issues
  • your people are screwed when they're uninsured
  • your infrastructure is collapsing
  • your economy will soon be top 3 instead of #1
  • your economy will probably collapse a second time

--

Granted, some are skewed views of things, but it does make one pause and rethink the current state of affairs.

As an aside, I will be pissed if SOPA passes, since it's a bunch of non-tech beauracrats who are trying to push it through ( watching it live the other day, and seeing a representative say " I'm getting bored, lets just forget reading the revision and push it through already." :( I wish my generation would strive to vote more to incite a change.

Edited by Fanta

I'm glad you said it first Chip. It peaked my interest ;).

Lol, no problem. I turned in my "grammer" police badge and gun a long time ago, but there is something particularly off about a person disparaging the president by calling him a coward while referring to him in a malapropism. It just seems like a citizen should at least have to actually know the president's title before they bad mouth him. I mean, how can you study and read enough to be confident the president is a coward, but miss the fact that he is the "commander in chief", vice the commander and chief? Seems like the kind of opinion you get from a radio talk show or something, vice any actual investigating or sincere inquiry. I'm all for bad mouthing presidents though, believe me.

quit piqueing on him. besides, it's a mute point; you know what he meant. :ph34r:

Hehe.

Out of curiosity Chip, what ARE your sentiments towards the current state of affairs? If you'd rather PM them to me, that's equally fine

That may be the broadest question I've ever been asked. Care to narrow it down a bit? I'll try to answer tomorrow.

Politics in US are messed up just like politics in other countries, it's part of our social nature. Thank god the founding fathers of this country saw that and put so many brakes in the system. Edited by averse

That may be the broadest question I've ever been asked. Care to narrow it down a bit? I'll try to answer tomorrow.

Hm, your view on the current candidates running for instance. I don't have to ask about Rick Perry :lol: but as for the others?

Politics in US are messed up just like politics in other countries, it's part of our social nature. Thank god the founding fathers of this country saw that and put so many brakes in the system.

Agreed perhaps our best choice is someone who believes in those founding principles and doesn't see it as a bill of negative rights like our current President....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iivL4c_3pck

Edited by BrazilBoy

Hm, your view on the current candidates running for instance. I don't have to ask about Rick Perry :lol: but as for the others?

It seems like the GOP heavy hitters are just holding back until 2016 vice wasting money on a losing fight in 2012. Romney has the money to waste. Gingrich and Cain just entered the race to sell books and nspeaking engagements. Ron Paul typically stands on righteous ground, but his ideas are entirely too advanced for our current reality. The other three are in it to get their names out there so they're not "unknowns" in 2016. Ron Paul would be compelling if it weren't for a few key things. Some of his strongest supporters are the people his policies would harm the most. He comes off as thinking he is the only person who realizes how messed up everything is, and I fear he would attack problems with huge changes which would be difficult to manage the fall out from. Ultimately, I suspect we'll see 4 more years of Obama, mostly because no amount of house or senate experience or state governor experience adds up to the experience of 4 years as president. America would be stupid to elect anyone in the GOP camp right now, but America has been stupid before.

It seems like the GOP heavy hitters are just holding back until 2016 vice wasting money on a losing fight in 2012. Romney has the money to waste. Gingrich and Cain just entered the race to sell books and nspeaking engagements. Ron Paul typically stands on righteous ground, but his ideas are entirely too advanced for our current reality. The other three are in it to get their names out there so they're not "unknowns" in 2016. Ron Paul would be compelling if it weren't for a few key things. Some of his strongest supporters are the people his policies would harm the most. He comes off as thinking he is the only person who realizes how messed up everything is, and I fear he would attack problems with huge changes which would be difficult to manage the fall out from. Ultimately, I suspect we'll see 4 more years of Obama, mostly because no amount of house or senate experience or state governor experience adds up to the experience of 4 years as president. America would be stupid to elect anyone in the GOP camp right now, but America has been stupid before.

Exactly that's how we got Obama to begin with..

Not necessarily. He promised change, and gave hope to the American people. I think more so now, people are waking up and having the foresight that the problem doesn't exactly fully lay on the President's steps, but also the elected members of the House of Representatives and Congress, how much an effect corporate lobbying has had in influencing politics for their own betterment, skewed media, and such. At least I would like to think this is the case judging by what I have been seeing in the people around me. A lot has happened in the past four years in terms of bring important items to light via web and social media outlets that mainstream media does not report on. This should prove interesting ( to me at least, I still cannot legally vote, so as an observer, it's interesting to watch how it all plays )

Yeah I know what you mean. After the stupid choice we made electing Bush two times in a row, America had no choice but to hire a democrat to get things back in order. Glad we agree.

Back in order? 17 trillion in debt that your daughters kids will still be paying for... 9% unemployment... A BBB credit score...I am no fan of Bush but he left office with 7.2% unemployment, 4.2% average in 8 years, 800 billion in debt and a AAA credit...

So what did Obama fix exactly?

What portion of his record can he run on?

In what way has your life been improved by Obama?