Going wider...

Convette

Finally! Christmas came early. Actually 2 weeks late, but I couldn't be happier

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/IMAG1922_zpsypcumvdr.jpg

Fitment is exactly what I was hoping for.

Tires mounted soon, then the cutting begins!

Edited by Convette

Thanks guys. Going to take a lot of work to get them to fit. Specifically the front, really afraid I got to do some cutting to the footwell area of the car. Not a game changer, but not looking forward to it. I'm actually going to be moving the wheel flat opening forward 1" to allow for more caster. Right now, the wheel is not centered in the well and it drives me crazy. Going to correct that.
  • Like 1

John i don't think that there needs to be any cutting in the footwell area...with a litlle caster things will clear.. and maybe a little massazing..small cutting is involved in the lower inner fender place where the protection fender shield used to bolt (i don't think i am describing right but i think you get the idea) because with the fat tyres it will certainly rub and it's very edgy....you might thing of rose joining your frond lca so that you can gain caster and poke the whells ever further out and improve your turning radius too....

if you want take a look also at this adjustable tension rods that with the help of the small curve ,give you just a little bit steering more since you have big big wheel lips.......

If you want to see how the fuel cap will look centered between the tail lights,tell me and i can email you a pic or two.....

Keep up the inspiring work man....

Thank for the info man. I'm thinking with a big enough hammer, I might be able to make things work. I dont really want to get the track any wider in the front, its already been modified and is a bit wider than stock. I will make tubular control arms very soon so that I can get a bit more adjustment down there. I'm not concerned with turning radius anymore, this whole setup is to be fast around the track. For drifting I'll just change rims. I would love to see your pics on the center fuel cap. Got to get that finished as well.

Are you going to break anything with those big meats? Really looks good, well thought out and executed, great work.

Thanks man I honestly cant even count how many hours of design and modeling have gone into these. As far as breaking stuff...probably. Lol. The clutch is on it's last leg, that will most likely be the weakest link right now. Only hard abuse will tell. Haha

Edited by Convette

Money shot!!!

So the gas tank is in right, in that pic?

Man that looks so much better, your exhaust should be a straight shot out. or maybe even come up a little if you wanted?

Love it man, thanks for updating us with pics.

• Like 1

Money shot!!!

So the gas tank is in right, in that pic?

Man that looks so much better, your exhaust should be a straight shot out. or maybe even come up a little if you wanted?

Love it man, thanks for updating us with pics.

Its not in yet. Thats just the gold heat shield. It will be a straight shot, but slanted up then maybe some pie cut turn downs...not sure yet.

Haha I was at the event. Thats what some guys had to do to pass the noise DB limit at Laguna Seca.

That was my first thought, it had to be something serious for him to go to that extent.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/johnboy9788/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2119_1_zpsadb3bb4b.jpg

Haha thanks EVO! Here's a quicky, will have tons of pics after the race this weekend. Should be permanently bolted on tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Edited by Convette
  • Like 2

Looks superb and now painted to match , yet another few hundred hours of head scratching and work added to this 'never ending" project ,great work as always.

;) luv the wheels too

Thanks dude. Finally got my dream wheels.

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!, that is looking amazing, how hard was it to attach them? are the bolt on (just drill holes and screw?)your car is freakin awesome.

It's actually really easy, Allen bolts with lock nuts. It's easy cause I have no interior.. some have to use riv-nuts because I can't get to the back of them. Fronts are cake.

I will have a million pics after this weekend. Still hustlin to finish it.

Looks superb and now painted to match , yet another few hundred hours of head scratching and work added to this 'never ending" project ,great work as always.

Dude... I lost track of hours, days, weeks... I haven't really ever worked this hard to on this thing to get it finished.