Not Funny :(

QuestFan

Tonight turned into a bad night. I was out at the local car hang out strip with a friend of mine. His head light went out so we went to the auto parts store to get a bulb. Finished putting the bulb in and shut the hood on my buddys truck to see a ragged old chevy pickup pull up with an owner to match. He pulled up beside the ole Conquest and immediately started laughing. He asked what the eff "Pony Killa" is supposed to mean. I ignored him and got in my car and fired it up. By this time the guy is busting his gutt laughing. I just kept my cool and left. I get back to the "spot" and my buddy pulls up. He gets out of his truck and commented about that guy and said he figured he was drunk. It kinda hit me a little bit. I felt a little down about it. I mean the guy laughed at something I have a lot of money and pride poured into, and on top of it, in front of my friend and my girlfriend. :( But it's all good, just a drunk screw ball in a beat up rusty truck. Edited by QuestFan

just remember that guy was a ** before that all happened and he still is, hes not your problem. you dont want people like that being interested in your car anyway, they'd sell the 2.6 for scrap and buy some ford parts and beer, then park it behind their trailer and suck down beer and talk crap about how they are gonna "DROP A SMALL BLOCK IN 'ER!!" wunna these days.
  • Like 1

If ands or buts where candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas

You should have said:

" Oh that thing ?"

"I got it off of a old drunk that drives a rusty hunk of junk...

Want it back ?"

Or

"You want to be the Pony?...

Keep laughing."

Or

I got it at AA ...

you shold have been there!"

Or

The only letters they had left it was that or

LOYAL PINK

So I chose PONY KILLA

Edited by Metric-man

There's a guy around here running around with big stickers of Superman that cover both doors of his Mustang.

Not just the big "S" but a profile of his face, in color, just how it would look out of the comic, And they're HUGE.

I laugh and point everytime he drives by the house.

I've hadpeople laugh at stuff I did with my car, but I could care less. If they don't like it, they don't have to drive it. I on the other hand do, so screw them.

Thicken up your skin, you're gonna get laughed at from time to time.

Idk why it got to me so much. Everyone loves the Conquest, especially me. I guess it's because I have so much pride in it, even though it's not much. Oh well. I was over it by the time I got home.

I remembering overhearing people say idotic things like that at a local track. More than one said axles would snap. They knew it was a 4 cylinder so it didn't count. When the only thing they knew were 383 stroker kits with a transbrake its hard to get everyone on the same page. When we go to a larger track that's not the case. I think the guy you saw wasn't in your league, don't worry about it you should have just smiled and let it go.

I love those guys. So easy to mess with. Just tell them you did put a 350 in it, but could only afford a 2 barrel carb. Become his friend so you can get brake and trans work done. Stupid hicks are amazing at brakes and transmissions because that's the only thing they ever do.

Sorry QF, I can tell by your posts that you've put a lot of passion in buiding your car. That guy probably wasn't even capable of comprehending that, let alone able to show any appreciation. You'll bounce back :)

Let me break it down,

You Needs thicker skin when you have a quest. Pony killa is a big statement. If that old man made you feel like that you are liable to get into a scuffle with those plates. Get a proper tune. Learn how to drive properly. You gotta get a rep on these streets first kiddo(try not to kill yourself doing it), otherwise he would of recognized your car and known to keep his mouth shut. How many bad tail ponys did you kill so far? What would you do if the ford, Honda, and BMW guys start making fun of you at the same time lol. think he was ribbing you because there are more suped up bad tail mustangs out there than there are suped up bad --------------- quests. 10 second street stangs are common place been tried and done. quest???? These things dominated the streets in the 90's with nothing more than recalibrated maf for bigger injectors and single turbo. There are some even hotter NA ones too. Get your weight up youngun.

Edited by lionbull
  • Like 1