Lets make SQC chat permenant

ucw458

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you donate to the SQC chat fund?

• Yes I'm willing to help the community
    • No I shouldn't have to pay for that

From what I understand currently we are enjoying the free trial version of chat. I've been told the paid version is around $80 and the advanced is around $125. Both are one time charges. We have all benefitted from this site and had good times. Now we have the possibility to have chat again. I say it's time we gave something back. If enough of us donated just $5 to Ryddler to pay for the full chat program we could have it permenantly and give back to the community. He pays for the upkeep of this site. The least we can do is pay for that chat program we all want to have back.

I have my $5 ready how about you?

Disclaimer, no need to offer more than $5. $5 allows 27 people to give back to the community and feel good about doing so. (27 to cover paypal 3% fees on $125)

If we do this, I'm in. Maybe we can come up with more than 27, make it cheaper for everyone we'd get it in notime.

I'd donate. I think there should be a donate button anyway. As long as the surplus funds go towards giveaways at big meets like PF or Mesquite or future upgrades or random raffles and giveaways, it would be good. I know it wouldn't go over well, but a pay-ban feature might be fun, with a maximum ban of 3 days or something, but 5 bucks a day. That makes a lot of money on my local site. Someone runs their mouth and you can ban their arse. lol.

Post where to donate, and I can put 5 bucks on it.

I know it wouldn't go over well, but a pay-ban feature might be fun, with a maximum ban of 3 days or something, but 5 bucks a day. That makes a lot of money on my local site. Someone runs their mouth and you can ban their arse. lol.

I think the group here is too big for that to be worth implementing. It works well on the local site because everyone knows everyone, and has met them all many times. Here we don't know each other as well, as many of us have never met in person, and thus might not take to being banned by someone we don't "know" too well, and then end up leaving for good when they could have a lot to give back to the community.

As for chat, I'm ready to give $5-10

note: that fee is per year, not one-time

also, I'm not 100% sure we want to keep this particular chat, so let's try out a few and pick one that we want to keep

if I recall correctly (which I often don't) paypal fees are 2.7% plus a 30 ish cent charger per transaction. That means that if everyone is giving a dollar, only 70ish cents makes it there. I know credit cards cost the merchant per swipe, and I'd imagine paypal is exactly the same. Just saying it would be a lot cheaper in fees for one person to pay it and everyone to "paypal gift" them the money or whatever

if I recall correctly (which I often don't) paypal fees are 2.7% plus a 30 ish cent charger per transaction. That means that if everyone is giving a dollar, only 70ish cents makes it there. I know credit cards cost the merchant per swipe, and I'd imagine paypal is exactly the same. Just saying it would be a lot cheaper in fees for one person to pay it and everyone to "paypal gift" them the money or whatever

Gift??

-Robert

I'll gladly send $5 and donate to keep 2.6litre up and running as ive gladly done in the past , and major props to Technoligy for thinking of us guys digging deep in thier own pockets to make the Mesquite/Vegas meet happen again this year , thanks Andrew.

Some of us don't feel welcome at 26Liter, and prefer not to go there.

Tim

Well, that's too bad.

I was just puting out an option for people who want a chat, but can't afford to pay extra for one, that's all.

Everyone here can afford a $5 donation. If there was a donate button on the site people might donate. Id throw way more than $5 if there was a way to.

Let's get a sticky made with ryddlers paypal addy so we can donate as a gift.

The free help/advice we have all gotten here is well worth a few $ donation each year

Well, that's too bad.

I was just puting out an option for people who want a chat, but can't afford to pay extra for one, that's all.

Since you, and your wife were the ones that did the unwelcoming, I don't see it as too bad. In fact, it was a breath of fresh air to be shown who your friends really were, and who those were that just wanted something out of you.

And no one's saying everyone has to pay. It's a donation.

do·na·tion/dōˈnāSHən/Noun

1. Something that is given to a charity, esp. a sum of money.

2. The action of donating something.

Paypal is ready upon demand.

Tim