oil filter opinions

ok i need to do a oil change on my newly purchased 02 nissan altima. its got a few miles and im sure it had its oil changed at some who knows where el cheapo place or the dealership it came from did it with the crappiest oil filter available.i know in some cases you want an o.e. filter but some vehicles you want a particular brand of filter to get the best flowback results. so, what do you guys suggest. get it from nissan or anyone know for sure of a certain brand that has the good anti flowback properties. opinions appreciated.

please, do not turn this into the usual bullshiat about this oil filter sucks and this one blows crap. im just looking for the information about my particular application.

I prefer amsoil oil and their oil filters. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/default.aspx?zo=1220579

From the studies i have read, they are one of the leading manufacturers of a high quality product. You can actually send them a sample of your oil and they will analyze the breakdown for you (small fee).

I've had really good luck with Wix filters in everything i own and that is all we use at work with no complaints. My boss (Shop owner) doesn't believe in using cheap oil filters.

NAPA Gold/Wix for me too.

I have had occasions when NAPA did not have their Gold oil filter in stock at the store for my Starions, boat engine, truck, or '66 Charger over the years. I had no qualms about using the Hastings Premimum filters as a substitute.

I have also used Hastings Premimum Oil filters on NON OEM construction heavy equipment and forklifts when I worked for Volvo Construction Heavy Equipment and Komatsu Forklift with excellent results. Hastings was the brand specified for use when the OEM filters were not available. They are available from NAPA.

http://www.hastingsfilter.com/Literature/Brochures/F189.pdf

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Same here. Nothing but a Napa Gold goes in my cars. It's made by Wix and re-branded for Napa. And yes it has the anti-drainback valve.

Same here. Also the Carquest filters are made by WIX. Carquest Blue is same as Napa Gold. I think I have the color correct.