Drunk Hill-Billy Nearly Kills Motorcyclist

NotStock88

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, like a lot of us, he is tired of the crazy driving of crotch rockets that think they own the road and endanger us all with their high speeds and darting in and out of traffic.

I worked with a guy that was given a ticket for over 120 in a 45 and his mentality was that the cops were picking on him. If he came through my neighborhood like that, he would get clotheslined.

Jimmy

both parties are at fault...

the drunk lowlife and the fools on motorcycles who were flying and illegal passing a car which is unsafe..

both of them are worthless low lifes...

Edited by Preludedude

Maybe, like a lot of us, he is tired of the crazy driving of crotch rockets that think they own the road and endanger us all with their high speeds and darting in and out of traffic.

I worked with a guy that was given a ticket for over 120 in a 45 and his mentality was that the cops were picking on him. If he came through my neighborhood like that, he would get clotheslined.

Jimmy

I fully agree but at the same time the guys on the crotch rockets would have got passed him with no issue. It doesn't give that guy the right to kill someone.

Just because i could easily fly by a semi on the side of an interstate doesnt mean its the right thing to do. The motorcyclists were to blame JUST as much as the truck driver in my opinion. Both stupid.

These scoot jockies drive me nuts couple years ago they block hwy traffic down to 50mph to do tricks on the interstate..... I called the hwy patrol and gave them every plate number i could get ounce they saw me on the cell they took off...

Well, let me phrase this to you guys. If it was a car passing you - say, a Ferrari, Supra, or any sort of high dollar performance machine - would you still have tried to run it off the road?

Well, let me phrase this to you guys. If it was a car passing you - say, a Ferrari, Supra, or any sort of high dollar performance machine - would you still have tried to run it off the road?

Some people would, Fanta.

The man in the truck has obviously become irritated by motorcycles passing him in the past (he even makes statements to that effect). When he saw the motorcycles coming up all of those past irritations came flaring up and his emotions took over. He had zero right to react the way he did AND the cyclists behaviors also played a role in why that incident happened, imo.

should be titled, "motorcyclist endangers public safety and self, then acts all self rightous". What a bunch of dirt bags, all of them, though I blame the so called "hill billy" a little less.

I fully agree but at the same time the guys on the crotch rockets would have got passed him with no issue. It doesn't give that guy the right to kill someone.

"It doesn't give that guy the right to kill someone"

I agree.

A few years back we had 19 starquests caravanning to Import Showdown in Reynolds GA when one of these crotch rocket fools starting passing the group, going uphill on a double yellow. A car came over the hill from the other way, we had a lot of questers slamming on brakes to keep the idiot from causing a major wreck. We get to the drag strip and the fool is running his bike. He was thrown off the bike while trying to launch and the bike was torn up some. I was glad he tore up his bike before he could put others at risk with his stupid actions caused by his mentallity of "I have a fast bike and can pass all these cars" with no regard for the safety of others on the road, at this time a lot of starquests. That incident was the spark of my animosity for crotch rockets and their owners.

Jimmy

What i cant stand is that they act like we(anything other than a motorcycle) are just an inconvenience and we have to watch out for them. They weave in an out of traffic at unsafe following distances, going excessive/unsafe speeds - its atrocious some of the things I see.

I also agree that the guy in the truck was COMPLETELY out of order and should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law. He went completely overboard and, to me, seems like he blew up taking things too far.

me i love how terms like "hill billy" are thrown about,, just for info MORE USA presidents have came from the south then any other part of the country , and me i'm proud to be a Hill Billy or sourtherner as we like to say http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif

As a motorcycle rider and enthusiast; this video disgusts me to watch.

Yes the riders were riding faster than they needed to be and were passing on a double yellow. But swerving at the guy was just as good as drawing a gun on him. A simple "fender bender" type accident on a motorcycle with a car can result in losing a leg or arm, or even dieing. If I was prosecuting the driver of the truck it would be for attempted murder. I believe if a motorcyclist is being irresponsible than they are putting themselves at risk and any ill consequences are their own fault. For example if a car was in the other lane when that guy went to pass: It's not up to the car to swerve out of the way at all, nor is it the responsibility of the driver of the circumstantial car to put themselves at risk in any way to avoid the motorcyclist, nor does it make sense to... If you hit a bike on a car its really no different for you than hitting a deer.

I think its terrible that you all are generalizing bike riders as hazardous to you and are holding that kind of grudge just because a small percentage of riders chose to be radically irresponsible. Think about all of the motorcyclist on the road; most of which you don't remember because they don't stand out. The ones you do remember; however, are the ones being jackasses. And those are the ones who have ruined it for all of us.

Its really no different than people at car shows who do burn outs and such, causing people to look down on young people into import cars. A few irresponsible people are ruining it for all of the other enthusiasts.

The biggest danger to anyone riding a motorcycle on the street is automobiles. (If you think about it, the same holds true for cars as well). Other drivers are the main reason for most accidents. Studies have shown that drivers don't notice motorcycles like they do cars, which makes sense, as they have a much smaller profile. If a driver pulls out in front of a motorcycle (most of which don't even have ABS) its lights out. THAT is why pro-motorcyclist organizations choose to promote automobile driver awareness of motorcycles.

In any case, no matter what could have, would have or might have went on. NO ONE deserves to have their life endangered like is depicted in this video.

/rant.

If you hit a bike on a car its really no different for you than hitting a deer.

that's the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. not many deer weigh over 600 pounds and hit cars head on at 100 mph.

Tyler, I agree there are a lot of conscientious and safe bike riders out there. Those I respect, however I have no respect for the speeding, putting others at risk riders. I also feel the same way about idiots who act the same way in their cars and trucks.

Jimmy

that's the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. not many deer weigh over 600 pounds and hit cars head on at 100 mph.

I was saying that in the case he swerves back into your lane an hits you while going the same direction...Its really no different than hitting a deer. Even at 100 mph on a motorcycle weighing 600lbs, the collision would be the same as hitting a 3000 lb car at 20mph...

a few years back in va my g-son got ran off the road by this lady , he got lucky and went thru a bunch of bushes,,

got back on the road ,, caught up with the lady,, call'd cops and and they said prove it , you word against hers ,they did absolutely nothing sept give him trash about reckless driveing him self .

with in 4 months of him buying the bike,,he was ran off the road 3 times and hit once by cars .http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

I was saying that in the case he swerves back into your lane an hits you while going the same direction...Its really no different than hitting a deer. Even at 100 mph on a motorcycle weighing 600lbs, the collision would be the same as hitting a 3000 lb car at 20mph...

And why should any of us have to suffer with getting our cars damaged by these irresponsible riders? Even at 20mph, the collision would be nothing like hitting a deer. You have obviously not been in the kind of crash you speak of.

I have never seen a motorcycle driver not breaking the law, in one way or another, unless they were parked. For that fact it makes it much more harder for me to give the benefit of the doubt to ANY motorcyclist. BUT like i said, I think that driver should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

Back when I had my bike I was going through a tunnel in a convertible mustang behind two crotch rockets. the two of them dropped to like 2nd gear and one continually pulled his clutch in and would just rev the hell out of the engine. both had exhaust so the deafening drone of that exhaust had me so mad. I wanted to run them over just for being such idiots. But I let them go.. eventually they would complete darwin's theory.

And why should any of us have to suffer with getting our cars damaged by these irresponsible riders? Even at 20mph, the collision would be nothing like hitting a deer. You have obviously not been in the kind of crash you speak of.

What i'm saying is that your car is at a far higher risk from being hit by a bad/unaware automobile driver then a motorcycle rider.

Perhaps I didn't make my point clear, but you're getting hung up on the details of my comparison.

The point of the comparison was to say that if you're in a car; you are far more dangerous to a riders life, than he is to yours in the event of a collision.