Talk me out of it....

I highly doubt anyone here remembers me but I sold my Starion back in the summer of 2003 when I bought my 3000GT VR-4. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a car to tinker with and thought I'd look at coming back to my roots withe a starquest. So tell me what is life like owning a starquest now.

Ouch, that's a fine welcome back. He is right of course, lot's of weight there but big girls need love too. The quest is a kick, especially when it's running tight. They are inexpensive (relatively) to mod, plenty of parts and tons of knowledge here on the site. Grab a quest, a wrench, a beer and have a ball. Welcome back.

I wasn't in the SQ scene in 2003 (i was 13 years old.) However I would imagine that the differences between then and now are substansial. in 2003 the youngest SQs were only about 14 years old. I would imagine dealer parts were easier to come by but starting to dry up. Now they are all but impossible to find for most things. However there is a growing aftermarket for the car as it begins to get more and more internet exposure. Companies like mookeh, D2 and others are making products to keep these cars on the road and improve them over stock form. I just finished going through my entire car this last january and didn't have too much of a hard time doing anything. (with a few fabrication skills, and good use of resources).

I would say if youre wanting to get back into Starquests that now would be a good time. I feel like the value of these cars will only increase when the economy comes out of the dumpster.

Oh yeah, and welcome back =] and Nice vr-4

Why would you come to a Starquest forum and ask people to talk you OUT of doing this? Come on, you've already made up your mind and you are looking for the final push to do it. Make the jump already or get off the ledge for the next person to leap ;)

Compared back to the olden days in the mid 90s the amount info and support is amazing to see...It makes owning one a pleasure, need new injectors no problem, want a cam sure, t3t4 header no problem, want aftermarket wheels got a whole thread with plenty to choose from, want to run a T56 we have guys who make bellhousings to do so.....These cars are becoming classics...

I went the same route as you and traded in my 1989 Conquest for a 1992 Stealth TT back in 98. The Stealth was fun, but there's just something about a Starquest that no other car could replace for me. I'd say get another one if you can, the desire never dies.

Oh trust me I knew what i was doing when i posted a thread here ;)

I am well versed with the Starquest 10 years ago my family had 3. Two of them ran and one was a parts car. I had to replace the engine on mine twice.

So tell me what is available suspension wise now? Is anyone still making bolt on turbo back exhausts and intake piping like *DM way back when?

I can say I might be floating around a bit more searching the classifieds for a decent car on the west coast. 88-89 SHP preferred :D

I went the same route as you and traded in my 1989 Conquest for a 1992 Stealth TT back in 98. The Stealth was fun, but there's just something about a Starquest that no other car could replace for me. I'd say get another one if you can, the desire never dies.

lol I wasn't even thinking about that. I did the same exact thing. Traded my 87 quest for a 92 stealth in 98... Back in a quest again, too.

starionpartsfactory.com has everything offered for suspension except for the d2 coilover kit, which is quite a bit nicer than the mookeh kit.

but to summarize:

poly bushings

coil overs

adjustable tension rods for the front with solid pillowball style mounts

sleeve overs (if you want to go that route)

sway-bars

strut bars

Edited by Frenchi934

big girls need love too.

NO! They don't. Get rid of your fat chicks. It just promotes the fat lifestyle.

And to the OP, did you ever see the movie Hook?

"Don't try to stop me, Smee, do you dare try to stop me Smee try to stop me. Try to stop me!"