roots blower manifold progress for 2.6

S.M.B

Yep, that was eeaston. He was using an Eaton M-90 supercharger

Looks like this guy is using an M90 from a ThunderBird SC....? early style from the looks of it, even worse.

The "too small" thing seems a little off though. I have seen M90's used in conjunction with turbos plenty on 3.8L's with great success. Should flow more than enough air for a 2.6L 4cyl

Edited by SLOWnSTEADY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw a pic of this car years ago and have always wanted to know what it is, thank you!! lol

Well I keep seeing pics of YOUR car, and I'm wondering when I can come pick it up? :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

B71 Love! :wub:

Ok, so back to the thread topic, when is this monster hitting the road???

how do you match fuel requirements expressed in pounds per hour to the expected CFM of air in the blower/turbo system? do you use 100% efficiency in the flow of the heads when building your fuel models?

Its a really cool idea, I would like to try it too

I understand what you are doing , but the engine can only handle so much air capacity :unsure:

Well I keep seeing pics of YOUR car, and I'm wondering when I can come pick it up? :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

B71 Love! :wub:

haha well thanks but yeah not for sale

bill...efficiency is somethin i only use in racing were there are rules, im just stickin with the cram, spray, boom and spool method on this buld lol. im not lookin to break any records or anything, i just hate turbo lag but like the turbo power and love the blower pickup but hate the blower power fall off, so...why not have the best of both lol. ide be happy with 550-600rwhp.

bill...efficiency is somethin i only use in racing were there are rules, im just stickin with the cram, spray, boom and spool method on this buld lol. im not lookin to break any records or anything, i just hate turbo lag but like the turbo power and love the blower pickup but hate the blower power fall off, so...why not have the best of both lol. ide be happy with 550-600rwhp.

what has been learned in the past has been lost on the 4G63's head design, the supercharger works the best with the hemi head design, thats why the 392 hemis responded so well to supercharging, the 4G63 will repond just as well

but more importantly the 6G72 dohc engine would be a trip!

• 2 weeks later...

what has been learned in the past has been lost on the 4G63's head design, the supercharger works the best with the hemi head design, thats why the 392 hemis responded so well to supercharging, the 4G63 will repond just as well

but more importantly the 6G72 dohc engine would be a trip!

392's & 394's man now your talking about an IRON block , one of the heaviest blocks ever made ,an abundance of metal every where , able to be strok'd and bore'd to over 500 cfm's :)

about 8 yrs or so ago some one did a belt driven super charger and a turbo on a quest , the belt driven unit was to small to flow enought air but the engine did run

The first thought that came to mind when I looked at those pics was, I hope that SC can flow enough for that turbo at high boost levels. That will be a beast if it can be dialed in.

Yep, that was eeaston. He was using an Eaton M-90 supercharger

I believe that car was running one of the original MS setups. I wonder what happen to that car. I know he removed the turbo, and was not that fast on the SC alone. Then he kinda faded away.

been workin on the car now gettin it ready for the engine, wanted an empty engine bay so ive been hidding all the wiring, modules and fuse panels

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/lowrider01mopar/wiringjob2.jpg

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss142/lowrider01mopar/wiringjob.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...