Wix filters for Walbro install?

starhunter

If you are talking about the wix filter you use at the fuel pump to replace the cone filter, it is #33278 From what i understand it has been discontinued..... You might try a filter with 7/16 inlet and outlets or for whatever size hose you are using.

Dad

33278 is the correct number.

I found a couple doing some searching.

I have since sold them.

Do some internet searching and you may find one.

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetail.aspx?b=F&pn=G6399

This may help.

Using the link above, I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-043-0852-Fuel-Filter/dp/B000CAZ5N0

Edited by Richie_Rich

the napa one is made by wix and is also discontinued

Could be? It doesn't take a fuel expert to figure out how to buy a different fuel filter. Measure your inlet hose I.D., then measure your outlet hose I.D., then measure the distance between the two on the length :rolleyes: Sometimes you guys have to do some thinking ;) Instead of us giving you part numbers.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Sometimes you guys have to do some thinking ;) Instead of us giving you part numbers.

Bill

and i was only giving current information as i had researched this before.

why send someone on a wild goose chase if you are able to help them out so they don't waste their time

all i do is walk in to advance and tell him i need a couple 3/8 in 3/8 out carb clear plastic filters, he always has them

metal will also work , plastic is just easier to see if they are dirty

Edited by Shelby

• 2 months later...

Use NAPA FIL 3299, its around $12.50, metal canister filter 1/2" in and out. Its about .2" longer and .3" less diameter but should work and is available. Ive searched the NAPA FIL 3278 and Wix 33278 and Fram G6399 and all are obsolete. The Fiat guys that were running these part numbers now use the one I listed...FIL 3299.

Cant see inside it but just change it when you change your pump, or when you know yours is dirty. You can always look at the in tank filter's condition and then know you need to change both.

Chris.