Who are the REAL mods of SQC?

Coke

I've been thinking about this topic for over a year now...and I wasn't even sure if I should even bring it up or not, for fear of being shunned and stoned. But, I've been noticing that we have Administrators and Moderators of SQC.

Administrators:

Ryddler

JAinsworth

Ernie88TSI

Moderators:

APalmer

Boosted_One

Chad

kev

KO

mikec

MontyTSi

SQF

Tim_C

Now, those of you reading, how many of you have never heard of at least one of these people? I'm not pointing any fingers, because some of the people on the list ACTUALLY DO the work they have been elected to perform, by the Administrators. But to be fair, more then half, DON'T.

I know a lot of you agree, the list might need some cleaning up.

By no means is this a call-out....I am just concerned that some people just don't qualify to hold "office" anymore. Hell, some haven't owned a SQ in years, nor have they logged in, in quite a long time. As a Supporting Member of StarQuestClub.com, I feel that we might need some fresher, newer blood that's all. I will say, that Jimmy Ainsworth does most of the work. Maybe if we got some new blood in office, we can take some of the load off him.

AGAIN, please don't get mad at me...this is not a call out, Im not pointing fingers at any one person in particular, I'm only suggesting something.

Also...this shouldn't get deleted by a mod or admin....unless your insecure with something. I wanna see what others feel about this.

Justin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but I kind of agree with you Justin, The only ones I've recently seen active are Jimmy, Chad, Tim_C, and kev.

This is a lot of site for 4 active member to moderate

edit: I could be mistaken, but these are the only ones I've seen posts from in the past couple months

Edited by D_Venable

I've been thinking about this topic for over a year now...and I wasn't even sure if I should even bring it up or not, for fear of being shunned and stoned. But, I've been noticing that we have Administrators and Moderators of SQC.

Administrators:

Ryddler

JAinsworth

Ernie88TSI

Moderators:

APalmer

Boosted_One

Chad

kev

KO

mikec

MontyTSi

SQF

Tim_C

Now, those of you reading, how many of you have never heard of at least one of these people? I'm not pointing any fingers, because some of the people on the list ACTUALLY DO the work they have been elected to perform, by the Administrators. But to be fair, more then half, DON'T.

I know a lot of you agree, the list might need some cleaning up.

By no means is this a call-out....I am just concerned that some people just don't qualify to hold "office" anymore. Hell, some haven't owned a SQ in years, nor have they logged in, in quite a long time. As a Supporting Member of StarQuestClub.com, I feel that we might need some fresher, newer blood that's all. I will say, that Jimmy Ainsworth does most of the work. Maybe if we got some new blood in office, we can take some of the load off him.

AGAIN, please don't get mad at me...this is not a call out, Im not pointing fingers at any one person in particular, I'm only suggesting something.

Also...this shouldn't get deleted by a mod or admin....unless your insecure with something. I wanna see what others feel about this.

Justin

I know at least three people you mentioned

I noticed that too....being semi new still, I don't even recognize some of those names. Others I see posting very helpful posts, but really just Jimmy cleaning the forum constantly...again not stepping on toes or pointing fingers...just saying, I think new blood would be good. Nothing should be taken offense...I see mods come and go all the time on my other forums :)

-Justin

i have noticed this aswell and i have ALSO noticed that SOME ACTIVE moderators ABUSE there AUTHORITY and think they can do as they please. if they disagree with ANYTHING you say in ANY thread they just delete that thread or silince you! i think its B.S. just because they maybe sensetive to a certain topic. i thought this was america? arent we allowed to say as we please? when we please?

i have noticed this aswell and i have ALSO noticed that SOME ACTIVE moderators ABUSE there AUTHORITY and think they can do as they please. if they disagree with ANYTHING you say in ANY thread they just delete that thread or silince you! i think its B.S. just because they maybe sensetive to a certain topic. i thought this was america? arent we allowed to say as we please? when we please?

Chill out, man.....this isn't about that.

This is more about one man doing a majority of the work that we see.

And besides, you agreed to be silenced when you signed up here.....it's posts like this that will kill a productive thread quick.

Tim

just because they maybe sensetive to a certain topic. i thought this was america? arent we allowed to say as we please? when we please?

That may be true if you live in the United States and are on a public domain, but this is a privately owned forum. So until you get the government to buy or take control of the forums, I can continue chuckling every time I see action taken on you. :)

Exactly right Tim. This forum isn't a constitutional republic or even a democracy.

Posts that disappear are moved to the moderator section for review, cleaned up, placed back where they were found, moved to the proper location and warnings/bans instituted if so warranted.

Mods don't and have never in the three or four forum changes I've been through, being here over a decade, deleted the threads of or banned anyone based on conflicting opinions versus actual issues like TOS violations or blatant threats/slander/libel comments.

I've talked to everyone on that list and the only ones I can't remember seeing here for a bit is Mike(boosted_one) and SQF. Owning a SQ is not a prerequisite to forum membership nor moderator status. Unless any of you feel that Shelby shouldn't be here?

I fear no good will come of this......

Agreed, will become one big argument then deleted.

Problem is very few on here I would trust to be a mod. Most who would raise their hand wanting the job should not be a mod. Not an easy job to be impartial to everyone.

yeah jimmy is a good guy. i just had to say somthing. wasnt naming names or pointing fingers i just had to say somthing

Over your thread about someone resizing your sig pics? You were talking a lot of crap in that thread towards which ever mod, did you expect anything other than the three day time out?

3day timeout? and no whoever did it didnt resize the pics they deleted them, that was a little much . i mean come on how much trouble would it be to simply ask me to do it? thats why i was mad. Edited by starquestG54B

This is about moderators and administrators, whether or not they are pulling there weight or not. Not about picture sizes.

I'm trying to keep this thread as clean cut as I can. I really don't want to see it go down the tubes and/or get steered off-topic.

Exactly right Tim. This forum isn't a constitutional republic or even a democracy.

Posts that disappear are moved to the moderator section for review, cleaned up, placed back where they were found, moved to the proper location and warnings/bans instituted if so warranted.

Mods don't and have never in the three or four forum changes I've been through, being here over a decade, deleted the threads of or banned anyone based on conflicting opinions versus actual issues like TOS violations or blatant threats/slander/libel comments.

I've talked to everyone on that list and the only ones I can't remember seeing here for a bit is Mike(boosted_one) and SQF. Owning a SQ is not a prerequisite to forum membership nor moderator status. Unless any of you feel that Shelby shouldn't be here?

what do i have to do with any thing , i have no statis here i'm a member same as you , several of our moderators and administrators on here are also mods on my site as a voluantier or friend helping out,,

some of you forget that this is some one elses home not public property, and in a mans home he makes the rules, live by them or leave it's as simple as that

almost all the mods and adminstrators have been on these sites for well over 12 years , they were ask'd to be here and none are paid, and many get little reward for the hard work they perform almost daily

question how many of you read EVERY single new post daily , untill you do you got no reason to grip about any thing as to the way things are done and handle'd , you should be thankfull some one cares enought to pay out of pocket for you to have a place to complain for free

Very well put Shelby!!

I really see no problem with the way things are on this site right now. If anything, the site is WAY more laid back than it used to be. If this site had more active members then I'd understand a overhaul of the moderators. The site that I "help out" with has over 100k members and about 40k of them are pretty active. On SVTP it is a full time job for the mods to keep up with everything and they are required to be around a lot. But I see that as pretty pointless here. Jimmy does a GREAT job keeping things in order here and has always been VERY fair when it comes to moderating. Picking new mods here would just start a LOT of unneeded drama.

IMO, the site doesn't need new mods. It needs more mature members that know how to be respectful, follow the TOS agreements and who take all the stupidity elsewhere.

I definitely agree with Shelby about this being someone elses' site. They pay the dues and we're here as guests. As such, we don't make the rules. That would be akin to going to someone's house and using their closet as a bathroom. Completely uncivilized and definitely a good reason to get told to GTFO and never come back.

As for the mods and admins, I agree some refreshing is needed. Not to talk bad about anyone but there are a few that I know personally haven't been here in quite some time if at all since the forum changed. Not that I don't trust them it's more a matter of this being like a job. It may be a volunteer job but a job none-the-less. And if you don't show up to work in over a year, what happens? You get replaced. I also know that this has (not saying it will here) been a problem on other forums I'm a member of. The head honcho disappears for a while due to life and noone is appointed as admin or moderator in a long time. Eventually the admins and mods that exist slowly drop off until there's little to no control over the forum anymore. Again I know there are some solid members here such as Jimmy and Tim_C. But as was pointed out, some have moved on. Those that have sold their SQs typically find other things to occupy their time and eventually forget about us here altogether or have no real desire to come back whether in an attempt to avoid the devil that is an SQ or just from general lack of interest.

So yes I definitely believe the list needs updating and possibly fresh blood instated to assist in the job if necessary (I know it can be difficult from being an admin on another forum myself).

what do i have to do with any thing , i have no statis here i'm a member same as you , several of our moderators and administrators on here are also mods on my site as a voluantier or friend helping

I mentioned you because members not owning SQ's was brought up, as if owning the car has anything to do with being a member.