Vegas Baby Vegas!!

Komeuppance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great. Cept, I bet that the fact that it was out in the outskirts of town, it made the whole experience much more cozy vs. the big city with all the distractions...and all the cops! :blink:

Winner ,winner chicken dinner !..., nail on the proverbial head from someone who obviously has a concept of the amount of legwork, careful planning and organisation that went into putting this event on .

In 2011 it will be held again in Mesquite , if you dont like it then dont come , end of story ! :)

I liked that Mesquite was not as crowded as Vegas - it was nice that we had that whole parking lot to ourselves. The food at the Casablanca was great as well!!

I didn't mind the drive to Vegas from Mesquite, but then again I'm used to long distance driving :lol:

I think Nevada doesn't like my car... haha... or at least my oil feed line.

Place was great, our private party room was awesome, food was good and cheap, 24hr walmart near by so you could get anything you wanted, cheap car wash down the road. Best part was the pool and hot tub... so many girls!! Heh heh... ALRIGHT.

-Robert

Dudes we stayed at a RESORT, laid back as they get. We were racing golf carts in the pool area for goodness sakes. Plus the parking...WE HAD THE WHOLE LOT RESERVED! had to be 100 spaces, but the whole thing was starquests, it was sweet. Scottys the man!

Scotty could not have picked a better location for the meet. Laid back atmosphere,Good food,Nice rooms,Our own lounge,Private parking lot and all this is only 80 miles from Vegas at a fraction of the cost......Could not ask for much more :)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

the supra guys did that...only 300 per night....sorry my pockets aren't deep enough for that

Just an fyi I was just in vegas 2 weeks ago for a batchlor party and got a suite at the Palazzo for 200 per night that had 2 beds and a pullout couch so $200 /3 ppl is $67 a night at a five star resort. so its not to bad :) but it looks like you guys had a great place to stay and had a great time. I wish I could have been there

Josh

got a suite at the Palazzo for 200 per night that had 2 beds and a pullout couch

Josh

So, what is your point? I had two beds in a room by myself and paid $69.00 a night for Fri. and Sat. Sunday was $56.00 and we had our own private lounge and parking lot. $200.00 a night in a room with 2 other people just to be in Vegas???? No thanks. I'll pick the Casablanca Resort in Mesquite during the day and drive the 80 miles to see Vegas after dark. After all, We did drive into Vegas after dark on Saturday night...That's when things are hopping in Vegas,not at 6:00am to 5:00pm at the Palazzo ;)

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

So, what is your point? I had two beds in a room by myself and paid $69.00 a night for Fri. and Sat. Sunday was $56.00 and we had our own private lounge and parking lot. $200.00 a night in a room shared with 2 people just to be in Vegas???? No thanks. I'll pick Casablanca, and drive the 80 miles to see Vegas. After all, We did drive into there after dark...That's when things happen http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Bill

That’s cool, I was just saying that it doesn’t have to cost a fortune to stay on the strip. :)

haha we packed 5 people into our room. It was a bit tight but we delt with it. Its not like your in the room much anyway. Just long enough to pass out after the long days and drinking we did! B)

hmmm my room was only $29 per night.......

:ph34r: :lol:

Harry,

I didn't even notice you and your wife checking into the Pool cabana :(

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

This sounds like it was an amazing time. Maybe if I have the money, and the time, I will go down to this meet next year. I'm definitely crazy enough to drive from the other end of the country ($$ permitting). Anyone else crazy enough to drive from NY and the surrounding states for a mega-haul of a drive next year?

Ohh yea, just to let you guys know, my buddy Eli made it there alright..took em a while but he made it lol.

With that said, I liked the resort a shittone!, the beds felt awesone. I was out like a light when I hit that bed. My girl got kinda mad cuz she couldn't wake me up and she was bored. But hey, she could have went down to the lounge and played beer pong (sucks I missed that)., not my fault there lol.

The food was top notch!!. That stuff tasted great! And the price was perfect for everything. The pool was nice too, nothing like swimmin around with a bud light in each hand lol.

I kinda wish I stayed in vegas longer but by the time it was 11:00. I was pissed cuz the stupid girl at the craps table ripped $70 off of me cuz she wasnt listening to me....some day..ill be back to have my vengeance on that place! Lol

And last but not least..the casablanca craps tabel. Ohhh man there was some hot rollers there that knew how to throw some dice! If only I knew what I know now when I first got there, I woulda cashed in big time with the help of those guys throwin the dice.!. By the way..who was it that taught me how to actually play the game??? It was someone that lived in vegas from the meet. Well anywho, who ever you are, thanks allot brother! I greatly appreciate it!! :-D

All in all..I had a dam good time. Next time im gona have to stay there longer. And hopefully my car will look more like Roberts ;) .

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

My personal highlight of the entire weekend was Saturday night rolling down from Mesquite to Las vegas with a group of great peeps who have the same illness in a pack of some of the most beautifully prepared Starquests i have ever seen , turning heads cruzin the "Strip" and finishing with a wild night on Fremont Street , man that place was "JUMPING" !.....its a memory i will cherish for ever . :) Edited by scottygibb

If you want to see Vegas more, then just plan a trip to go there. I think if the SQ meet was there then more people would be doing Vegas things and not spending time together at the meet. In other words, a weekend in Vegas and a SQ meet are two separate things. Optionally, you can book a night before/after the meet in Vegas on your own, just sayin.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal highlight of the entire weekend was Saturday night rolling down from Mesquite to Las vegas with a group of great peeps who have the same illness in a pack of some of the most beautifully prepared Starquests i have ever seen , turning heads cruzin the "Strip" and finishing with a wild night on Fremont Street , man that place was "JUMPING" !.....its a memory i will cherish for ever . :)

Guys,

Due to some medical issues I was unable to get to the meet. (sigh) I don't live THAT far away.

In any event... someone point me to some pictures?

(Maybe next year?)