Have You Been On The Ebay Starquest Used Parts Site Lately?

Yesterday I went on the Ebay Starquest site looking for used Starquest parts. Much to my surprise there are 3792 items being offered for sale.

For example, a headlite vender Auto Grimming. I sent a message to them to try to get their headlite posts for every vehicle known to man off of the Starquest search forum. I have not got a response back from them as yet.

I also went to Ebay's "file a report." There appears to be no provision which prohibits this.

I'm no Ebay genius by any means, in fact I'm probably a novice. Are any of you guys "experts" at Ebay and know how to get Ebay to blow off all of this company's extraneous head light posts.

Yesterday I also called the company at 626-310-4100 and politely complained. But the person that I talked to politely blew me off.

Here is the Ebay link http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Car-Truck-Parts-/6030/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A10%257C39%253A1&_nkw=starion%20conquest&_dmd=1&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_ipg=50&_pcats=6028%2C6000&_sop=10&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1581&_pgn=2

What do you guys think that us Starquesters ought to do?

For What It's Worth.

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

There is nothing you can do about it. Ebay is getting paid for all that trash being listed, and they would rather deal with it the hard way (When the customer files a complaint against the seller" for the part not being correct.

Damn, I didn't run across those yet. I gave up looking for Starquest parts after the 10th page.

What should, or can, we do anything about this BS.

AutoBodyGod you are fast!! :lol: So based, upon what you are saying another potential parts source is down the toilet unless you want to spend mega hours scrolling through this BS.

KEN

KEN

Edited by Starfighterpilot

just as psykore alluded to above, you'll have to step up your search criteria. especially the use of the "+" or "-" sign. once you come up with a search the satisfies all your needs, save it as one of your favorite searches in "my ebay", then you won't have to re-enter it everytime.

I'm with you though, kinda stinks that vendors are allowed to get away with that garbage.

Hey Ken (and all), I had an online chat with an eBay rep for about 20 minutes a month ago regarding this exact thing. Here is what they suggested, and so far it has worked for me with a few minor exceptions. Go here - Ebay Link and under the "exclude words from your search" area put "headlight" and "exhaust tip" or whatever you want. I got my searches back to a normal 800-1000 items. PIA, but, it is what it is, I have found other things to worry about since.

BTW, LOL, I've cleaned up lately, getting some really great deals since the rest of you missed them in the 3000-4000 items ....j/k :)

Hope this helps.

Dean

Edited by silverarrow89

I like to use parentheses when searching example (starion,conquest) that will search for any listing with either starion or conquest

also try using multiple parentheses (starion,conquest) (headlight,head light) then you can more effectively search mulitiple names for the same item

I like to use parentheses when searching example (starion,conquest) that will search for any listing with either starion or conquest

also try using multiple parentheses (starion,conquest) (headlight,head light) then you can more effectively search mulitiple names for the same item

Don't you mean "Station"? :P

Or you can take the time to send a report for each item listed like that as improperly labeled or misleading etc. e-bay doesn't take that lightly. There was someone that had his silicone hoses listed and had BOV in the title. I reported it after asking about the BOV(which of course was only a keyword to get his product seen more) e-bay took it down (or forced him to) within a day.

I've noticed it lately also. It's been going on for over a month now. Not just headlights though; horns, carb parts (really?!?), lugnuts, etc...

I too, used to love the very minimal offerings eBay used to have. I'd sort by newly listed and just work my way back to the last thing I remember seeing.

Ken, the best way to filter out that stuff, and especially if your looking for used items, is to select "used" for item condition. It eliminates 99.9% of the garbage. Hope this helps.

for what its worth ;)

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

Ken, the best way to filter out that stuff, and especially if your looking for used items, is to select "used" for item condition. It eliminates 99.9% of the garbage. Hope this helps.

for what its worth ;)

Thanks. :)

It's Worth A Lot. ;) :)

And all of the other guys who posted filters, THANKS AND IT'S WORTH A LOT. :) :)

KEN

when you search just try this in the search bar:

mitsubishi starion -hid

or

chrysler conquest -hid

when you put the "-" minus sign in front of any search word you do not want. it will eliminate that word from the search.

Try it.

Edited by importwarrior