I was *this* close to surprising you guys at PF...

JessN16

When Jon Burgess came down to Prattville a few weeks back and looked at my 87, he didn't think it would take much to get it running. PF was 2 weeks away at that point. I decided to try every thing I could to get it running and reasonably predictable and come up there for a couple of days, since I think it's been four years now since I've been to a meet.

Well, we got her running Thursday night, but my wife put on her Reasonable Hat and convinced me that there were probably smarter things to do in this world than drive a 23-year-old car 500 miles the day after getting it running for the first time in two years.

We missed everyone greatly, and hopefully we'll be at PF next year. I've also kicked around the idea of resurrecting the Scottsboro meet in the spring but it needs a reboot and some fresh ideas if we're going to do it.

I was really hoping to roll up and shock some folks but it just wasn't meant to be. Sorry, guys.

Jess

if we all listen'd to our wives there would be very few Conquests runing today http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

now a real car nut would have drove arround the block for 300 miles just to show her it would make it

Edited by Shelby

if we all listen'd to our wives there would be very few Conquests runing today http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

now a real car nut would have drove arround the block for 300 miles just to show her it would make it

Heh. I did remind her, however, that before she put on the Reasonable Hat, she did ask if I was also able to get her 88 running at the same time (I wasn't). I wonder if Reasonable Hat would have made an appearance had I been able to get my hands on a working 88 primary injector.

Jess

I would've been REALLY upset if I had found out that you and your wife had made it to PF and I wasn't there!!

Guess this means I better not miss next year!!!

This is great! When i built my mpi truck, i got most of it done then went to hawaii for a week. The night i got back to cali at 830 scotty don't and i worked on the truck til 330 am. Woke up at 8am and drove it to LA 400 miles away with no issyues. Good times!

That would have been great if you showed but glad you got it fixed. You have to let me know what it was at least :D Bad ground/fusible link, ECU related, dizzy pickup.....c'mon man.....pray tell :lol:

That would have been great if you showed but glad you got it fixed. You have to let me know what it was at least :D Bad ground/fusible link, ECU related, dizzy pickup.....c'mon man.....pray tell :lol:

He called me and we talked about it. I finally told him to hit the ignitor with a big screwdriver. It fired right up and hasn't quit since. I picked up an 88 ignitor at PF to send to him as a more permanent fix.

Jimmy

I had fully planned to take over the Scottsboro meet when Jess stopped but I had to have surgery the week or two before the planned meet date and was going to be on call for work. A few weeks prior to I tried to get someone to take over but it never happened. It guess it just wasn't in the cards. Then I switched careers and was unable to do it after that.

Hopefully Jess can resurrect the meet as it was one of my top 2 favorite meets as I am sure it was for others as well.

That would have been one helluva surprise, Jess, if you had made the meet. No one would have been any happier to see you guys than me. :) I hope you do resurrect the Scottsboro meet. As Chris said, it had always been one of my favorites along with Jimmy's and, of course PF. As long as it involves a leisurely cruise, some place good to eat, and a "football game" ;), I'm good...

Ken B.

That joker.....he told me he had switched the ignitor out with a known good one when I was there :lol:

Yeah, I told you that's what the seller said. Guy must have a different definition of "known good" than I do. ;)

You guys check the other thread on the Meet Planner forum. Have a late-night lodging update...

Jess