REBUILD

VICE

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Map Daddy is just an upgrade map sensor for megasquirt. The stock MS map sensor only reads up to about 20 psi (2.5 bar), and doesn't allow for barometric correction without running a second one.

Oooooooooh. Cooooooool. *facination ensues* :wacko:

The trunk layout..

DSC01041.JPG

DSC01044.JPG

It's got some wire left over in case the battery box needs to be permanently mounted elsewhere.

DSC01045.JPG

DSC01046.JPG

That air sealed aluminum battery box vents to the outside with rubber grommets housing all 3 holes in it for the 2 battery cables and the vent line in this case fuel line. :)

Edited by VICE

Add bungie cords to your list of good things to use on a car. Thank God you live in florida and I will never have to see this car in real life.

Thank God I probably won't ever see your face either.

ok listen, if you want some people around here to respect the car and the effort you put into it you might want to put a little more thought into how you do some things thats all I'm saying. It's obvious that you like the car and have a lot of time into it but alot of people will never get past some of the methods and materials used on your car. It's that simple. If you can graduate from using zip ties, bungie cords and JB weld to hold the car together many more people will give you props for the good work thats been done on the car, like the MPI and the supra trans swap. Until then, don't expect much.

Well she left me stranded today, the Clutch pedal got stuck to the Metal / caved in.. Checked the reservoir and it lost about half the fluid in there... I woulda drove it home with no clutch since I was nearby but the clutch was disengaged/stuck in neutral, the clutch slave cylinder appeared to be seized out all the way when it was removed but some pushing moved the cylinder also the boot was torn on it.. Another slave cylinder crapped out on me years ago and leaked all the fluid out so I thought it was something else that broke.. I have a Red Pressure plate from Clutchnet.com and it's real stiff and I replaced both Clutch Master and Slave Cylinders like a year ago, maybe the stiff clutch messed it up.. Edited by VICE

Well Folks, this is it for this rebuild. R.I.P.

DSC01047.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

Cracked block in between 2 and 3 passage holes.

DSC01049.JPG

DSC01050.JPG

DSC01052.JPG

Boosting 30 psi hard the T04E was taking it and the Tune said 10.4 at WOT and then pop.

DSC01053.JPG

DSC01057.JPG

I strongly believe this cheap M28 Head gave out and didn't handle the pressure.. No substitute for a Marnel head =( and I should have got the block O ringed..

DSC01059.JPG

DSC01066.JPG

Edited by VICE

MegaSquirt timing could have contributed in killing the motor, the ARP's we're assembled right and I've re torqued them a few times.. Maybe I should have kept checking the retorque, ultimately it was doomed and with it my ideas of making tremendous power out of the G54B engine and DD it.. MANY MANY performance parts will be listed up for sale soon! Billet Adjustable timing gear like $110, billet crank pulley with trigger wheel like $110, Magna MPI, etc... Edited by VICE

MegaSquirt timing could have contributed in killing the motor, the ARP's we're assembled right and I've re torqued them a few times.. Maybe I should have kept checking the retorque, ultimately it was doomed and with it my ideas of making tremendous power out of the G54B engine and DD it.. MANY MANY performance parts will be listed up for sale soon! Billet Adjustable timing gear like $110, billet crank pulley with trigger wheel like $110, Magna MPI with 7 tubes of jb weld already installed, bungee cords, some pre-cut zip ties, a couple of rubber bands, and one shoe string, etc...

fixed it for ya.

BC_99

Maybe the ARP's needed more retorque'ing .. I thought about just selling the car but I wouldn't take less than 3 grand for the rolling chassis.. Plus it just has too much sentimental value, just gota replace the power train thats all. Already got a buyer for the Wisecos, Pauter Rods and MegaSquirt ... Possibly the good ol JB Magna as well.. =D Selling all G54B part will produce a good $1300 - $1500 that will go towards the next move.

What are you putting in there?

just caught up on the thread, retorque ARP's several times huh? Just do us all a favor and don't ruin any more quests. keep this one and do whatever to it since it's beyond salvation.

I tried counting how many times you said ebay, but it gave me a headache.

Edited by The Rabbit1

Yes Ebay, God Bless the Internet and forgive the Hate some people have burning deep inside of them.. Well I anticipate MY STARQUEST, yes my car, my ride that I do love, will be up and running better than ever by the end of the summer... Have our work cut out for us and an Extreme yet Epic idea on a Power Plant for MY CAR that will be supa cool. Nicely most of the parts that I am recycling here will boost up about $2500 for the new project and I think it will work just under 3 grand.

and just like that... It's back in pieces..

DSC01127.JPG

DSC01128.JPG

Thanks Indiana for buying the brand new Wiseco .40 Pistons and the Pauter Rods for $525! ;) Plus the MegaSquirt, Fidanza Fly Wheel and Stage 3 clutch wow that's more than a grand right there!

DSC01129.JPG

DSC01130.JPG

DSC01131.JPG

DSC01132.JPG

Man it was easy taking this thing apart! I coulda put it all together.. Next time.. But dankness the G54B parts are selling like Hot Cakes, producing the cash for the next Power Plant, an Epic Drivetrain swap... To be Continued...

Edited by VICE