REBUILD

VICE

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone can sell their parts for half price and they would sell themselves, just like when you blow the next drivetrain up someone will be there with cash in hand to buy that stuff up.. you can only buy stuff and sell it at half price for so long until you can't rebuild and you go buy another car to desicrate..

anyone can sell their parts for half price and they would sell themselves, just like when you blow the next drivetrain up someone will be there with cash in hand to buy that stuff up.. you can only buy stuff and sell it at half price for so long until you can't rebuild and you go buy another car to desicrate..

Plenty of Dough to go around to do this 10 fold and more.. So no worries there Mate.. I should Desecrate a VolksWagen Rabbit next..

Plenty of Dough to go around to do this 10 fold and more.. So no worries there Mate.. I should Desecrate a VolksWagen Rabbit next..

that was apparent when you threw your money away doing this setup incorrectly. plenty of cash, no time to do it right or know how..

I didn't read where all this bs came from, but the only thing I can tell from other posts is that the tune was not right?

And I had a block crack like that around a stud. Some of them just crack there, it's a weak spot that I'm scared for when I go for 800 at the wheels (son).

I didn't read where all this bs came from, but the only thing I can tell from other posts is that the tune was not right?

And I had a block crack like that around a stud. Some of them just crack there, it's a weak spot that I'm scared for when I go for 800 at the wheels (son).

Yeah that's what Indiana said.. And he thinks it was the ARP's.. They we're only reused once... The Tune was fine on the Fuel Injection, AFR's were 10.4 at WOT and the EDIS timing settings are pretty simple.. Maybe Detonation for Boosting so hard on 93 Octane?

I have seen those cracks appear on bone stock motors with stock head bolts. So can't blame ARP's

Your situation really sux vice, sorry to see you have all the trouble.

Dad

I have seen those cracks appear on bone stock motors with stock head bolts. So can't blame ARP's

Your situation really sux vice, sorry to see you have all the trouble.

Dad

Thanks for your sorrow Dad but it just wasn't meant to be.. I sent Indiana the Wisecos and Pauters in one of the boxes you sent me lol.. But seriously, a great Idea/Opportunity has spawned from all of this, so no troubles here just learning experiences and a darn good Hobby/Pastime..

Edited by VICE

Multiple re-torques on a head gasket is one reason it blew. You probably twisted and warped the head in all directions not to mention ruining any gasket squish. This was a scary thread to read. Glad you have money you'll need it.

It's ok folks I am not craving the need for extraordinary power anymore but a nice powerplant with a 6 speed tranny.. Not to mention a newer technology and high performance parts and upgrades readily available for it, rest assured it will get the power it lacks eventually weather a turbo or supercharger the Renesis motor, any Rotary motor can be hooked up.. Edited by VICE

I understand that a lot did not agree with your use of certain materials, but I think its kind of wrong that they were so very vocal to the point of being extremely rude to you, Vice. I'll be following the new swap, and hope all goes well.

^^x2. Eloquence is a forgotten art.

But please man, no more JB weld, spray foam, duct tape, etc. Do it right this time. We know you have the knowledge and know how things should be done.

I would suggest turbo if you are looking for a good power adder. A small to medium size turbo would have decent spool characteristics to give the car some low end torque and a pretty flat torque curve as the engine's hp and torque would pick up where the turbo falls off.

lol what's really funny when we picked up the engine last night from this shop, the guy was telling me about some Rotary upgrade where you JB weld the Intake ports and drill new holes in it for performance.. lol I swear, no lie.

So I used some Ducting chrome tape on the blower to cooling unit to heater core, so what it works better than those 2 fugly brackets and is air tight.. Say U were stuck in space in the International space station or something and U only had a few things to work with, like duct tape, JB weld and a stick welder, you would make it work right..Like the movie Apollo 13.. Thanks for the Sympathy Blue, hey I play guitar too and I love Metallica bro! I've always been more of a Megadeth sided guy, look at all that Dave has been thru and got right up to the top, UnderDog'ness..

Edited by VICE

I know you made the best of what you had and I'm guilty of the same thing in the past. I'm just saying on apollo 13 they had access to a few different things because that's all they had room for. Duct tape is great in a pinch but that's provided that you fix it with the proper parts when you get home. The great thing about living in the U.S. is that we have access to whatever we need. Especially with you being in FL--seems like it's only second to CA in terms of modded cars and parts availability.

Looking forward to seeing this new build take shape.