pimp my ride...starquest style

I think it would be pretty cool to take up donations or something and pick a random member that is hard up on money but a loyal fan to the starquest...one in desperate need of attention and they are actually trying.

AND PIMP THAT MOFO'S RIDE!

not like the gay mtv show, but restore it, paint it, and mild mods for reliablility and a lil more pep.

i know i would donate to it. everyone deserves a helping hand ya know?

-joe

also want to ad, with as many members we have that has a few spare parts lying around they dont really "have to sell" to donate, and many skilled members in body work, performance etc. i think it would be fairly inexpensive to do.

ohh and the winner, you would have to show at ALL nearest meets possible to show off the whip ;)

Edited by Boosted_Widebody

I vote for Nick "Zach_Morris"...He is broke as heck college student who is a diehard he just can't afford one do to him putting himself through college...I'd buy a set of injectors for the project..

ryddler, with his family commitments, he doesn't have the time to work on his car. The entire time I've been a member here, I'm not sure he's had his car running

btw, did Nick pick one up recently? he hasn't had a SQ in a year or 2 now

i vote for smallblock12 he has a great car that just needs the mpi setup wired and his mom is forcing sale if he cant get that figured out. i think this would be an easy 1. id donate if i had any money but im broke and running stock

I think its a great idea. All of the fore mentioned are great guys to do it for. I'd do what I can, donate a little bit, and if ya need it, the only spare parts I have that are worth it for him would be a stock MAS in good shape...haven't had enough time to get a good collection going :rolleyes:

-Justin

ryddler, with his family commitments, he doesn't have the time to work on his car. The entire time I've been a member here, I'm not sure he's had his car running

btw, did Nick pick one up recently? he hasn't had a SQ in a year or 2 now

I chatted with Nick a few days ago he is in school in Alabama and can't scrape together enough to get one..I thought Bob still had his quest??? Yes that would be an obvious choice...afterall without ryddler we wouldn't even be speaking about any of this..

I vote for Nick "Zach_Morris"...He is broke as heck college student who is a diehard he just can't afford one do to him putting himself through college...I'd buy a set of injectors for the project..

I second this notion.. Nick installed my exhaust and my 1g mas sensor this weekend and wow what a difference it made. Super cool guy and all around good person.

Yeah I vote for me to. :rolleyes:

I want to buy flexer's 88 conquest from utah for $1,900 but the shipping is at least $1,000 from Utah to West Virginia.

How could we get it to me for cheaper then that?.. Maybe you guys could help me get my first Conquest.

Plus you'd be helping two people in the community :)

I really like this idea by the way, and if it's not me thats gets picked, let me know who it is and I'll kick in a few bucks.

Edited by davidplanker

Now to figure out how to manage to snag the person's car without them knowing... There was another show that did something like that. The teacher of an auto body class was the target. He had an old Chevy can't remember what it was. They came to his house and essentially stole it. Dropped busted glass on the driveway where the driver's door was and contacted the police dept. so that any work done on his "case" would be handled by phony cops. Then the whole class helped completely redo the car from the ground up in I think a week while the guy tried to get the cops to do anything. lol. I don't know about some of these guys you've nominated but I know if it were me, that is my only transportation. So if that's the case if we do something like this, is someone going to provide a temp ride for the "victim"?

i vote for smallblock12 he has a great car that just needs the mpi setup wired and his mom is forcing sale if he cant get that figured out. i think this would be an easy 1. id donate if i had any money but im broke and running stock

yes, so then when hes got a cherry, running car he can change his mind and sell it for a VW with a bike rack and a rusted hood. right on...

Now to figure out how to manage to snag the person's car without them knowing... There was another show that did something like that. The teacher of an auto body class was the target. He had an old Chevy can't remember what it was. They came to his house and essentially stole it. Dropped busted glass on the driveway where the driver's door was and contacted the police dept. so that any work done on his "case" would be handled by phony cops. Then the whole class helped completely redo the car from the ground up in I think a week while the guy tried to get the cops to do anything. lol. I don't know about some of these guys you've nominated but I know if it were me, that is my only transportation. So if that's the case if we do something like this, is someone going to provide a temp ride for the "victim"?

i know what show your talking about i believe...i think its "overhauled" with chip foose.

from the looks of members who has been here awhile..."i havent been on in so many years, i had to create a new acct lol"..

but im going to go with ryddler as well.

i know what show your talking about i believe...i think its "overhauled" with chip foose.

Yep that'd be the one. Couldn't remember for the life of me.

BTW I'd vote Ryddler as well BUT cat's out of the bag since this IS his site and all. Wouldn't be much of a surprise.

well heck, thats 2 birds with one stone. helping out someone that needs it, plus a lil gift for somewho who gave us the ability to connect and share thoughts with other starquest owners.