Show me pics of your t3/t4 oil drain to timing cover plz!!

redflatty85

trying to get some pics, i think the problem is the an fittings are just to big, that by the time the hose comes out its at level with the stock return fitting... i'm starting to think maybe ditch the AN hose and get barb fittings and some kinda hose??? i'd like to avoid pulling the pan to run it there.....

I can't see the pic cuz I'm at work but maybe find a smaller fitting? IE one that screws into the turbo return fitting and makes an 45 in less then 1/2"

Are you by chance using a fitting that requires an adapter in it? One line place I went to had to add adapters to everything and it made the fittings huge, I just told them forget it and went else where.

yeah thats what i did, now its perfectly flat to the stock location, and its blowing oil out the exhaust like crazy, so obviously its gotta be backing up cuz of that.....

You don't have an oil separator do you? That's the problem, not the oil drain.

What PCV valve are you using? Is it OEM? This can let boost pressure into the crankcase. If you don't have the separator then the only way for pressure to get out while the PCV valve, if it were working, is closed is out through the separator and if its not there and you have a filter and its dirty or small that lets pressure build up and it can push oil past valve seals. That pressure under boost you can't get rid of its normal its called blowby and all motors have it and its just multiplied under boost because its a result of the multiplied compression ratio. The oil separator just captures the oil carried out with that pressure and the faster that pressure escapes the more oil get carried with it. Larger or more openings to carry that out means less oil is carried with it. You can have if you like a return drain to the oil pan but it has to be under the oil level and it would be a benefit to have a one way check valve in it just in case oil tries to come back up the drain hose it can't clog the separator. That hose from the PCV valve, its in the intake manifold so when you aren't boosting there is suction there so it keeps that blowby low or zero or less. The other end of the separator hooks back to the turbo inlet. There's always low pressure near the turbo inlet right? While you aren't boosting now you have TWO sources that keep drawing that blowby out so it can't ever build up. If you are coasting or have the throttle closed you have the flow reverse directions through the separator and fresh air ventilates the crankcase and still it gets sucked out through the PCV valve. Boost comes in, the PCV valve closes and now you only have the hose from the separator to draw out what is now many many times more volume of blowby but not necessarily increased pressure, but it will build up pressure if its not drawn out. What is happening now is that pressure is trying to blow out the valve cover right? If you have a leaking PCV valve its worse and now not only must that increased blowby go out the valve cover but so does all that leaking boost pressure. See how this can make oil get pushed past valve seals and pop out dipsticks? What makes it work is that hose to the turbo inlet, well there is more than enough suction at the turbo inlet when you turbo is making boost and that shaft is spinning 150,000 rpms and you don't have any oil blowing out through valve seals. you can still have a problem using the separator and a leaking PCV valve especially with small turbos like the stock one that flows such low CFM. No, consider what you have done and how just a stock system with a oily gooey 20+ year old sludge filled stock separator lets dipsticks pop out with increased boost and you have a leaky PCV valve. Its pretty simple really, its just not explained very well and since it appears to be some ugly non necessary thing and its part of that air can you aren't using it just gets throw out these are the issues people have always had when that happens and its been happening for over 20 years. You don't have to use that stock separator but you need to use something to capture the oil because you do not want to have it mixed in with the fuel and burned. The placement and size of hoses makes a difference. You'll have to experiment with your particular setup. Burning oil lowers octane levels, oil burns slow and hot, burnt oil leaves carbon as residue. Lowered octane, heat and carbon are three things you don't want.

I used to allway make a A/N line I cant rember I think I used A/N 8 for it but I would swing it out to the wheel and have it arc back in. was about $85 to make my own.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1266467413/gallery_2611_603_18204.jpg

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/1266467413/gallery_2611_603_1665.jpg