new STEDEBANI GP,,,SHIFTERS,,POLY ACCESSORIES,,CRYOFUSION

quikconq

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, the Stedebani short shifter is freakin amazing. I've ran it for 7 years and it really makes the car much more fun to drive. It's solid as a rock. One thing to note, it does require a wee bit of maintenance.

That nylon bushing that goes on the endball of the stick will break up eventually so you'll want to check it after a few years or 20-30k. Same goes for the 3 smaller bolts that hold the assembly to the fatty plate. They stripped on me, but took a few years of beating on to go. Easily replaced. Maybe Stedebani can use grade 8+ bolts for those?? Maybe they did, but still failed?

I recommend a Hurst T-handle for solid shifts, but to each their own. This shifter rocks. (they're poly suspension bushing kit does too btw - drives like a new car vs. the old rubber).

Don't forget to ask about a replacement nylon insert to be made for the STS to trans input. I would buy 2 for myself.

x2 about the insert. Mine is fine for now so it's just a matter of purchasing an extra 1 or 2 for peace of mind. Thanks!

I have one of their short shifters from back in the day and my nylon insert has since deteriorated. Can you see about getting some extra inserts made??

I would be interested in

complete rear bushing kits

manual tranny mounts

rear diff mounts

and does anyone have in a set of poly rear mounts or rear suspension on their car now and how rough does it ride or not any rougher than stock rubber?

Wizard

Don't forget to ask about a replacement nylon insert to be made for the STS to trans input. I would buy 2 for myself.

Count me in for a couple of these inserts, should they become available.

Tks,

Jms

well guys i talked to steve,,and the news isnt good

he is almost about ready to back out on a GP,,,says hes just to busy

he is on vacation next week,,so im suppose to call him the following week..to see if he thinks he

can squeeze us in....

so it isnt lookin good for a gp at this time,,,in the future maybe,,ill see if the gp can be

done at a later date,,if he cant get us in soon..

ill keep you posted

bryen

• 1 month later...