How Do You Cook Your Steak?

Killtodie

I'm sure you all cook and got a grill out the back, everyday maybe?

Share your recipes, how do you cook it, what kind of meat you use, where do you get it from, grade of meat, type of cut, source of heat, spices you use, sauce, how well done, side dish...

I'll start

My fave cut is the Porterhouse, whenever possible I get an 20oz or bigger USDA Prime cut. About $14 at a local market. I don't have access to a BBQ grill, but when I do, natural charcoal only, otherwise a nice heavy grill pan on an open flame stove.

I first prep the steak, I cover it with rock salt, sea origin and a dash of Habanero powder. Let it sit for 20 minutes flipping it often, then scrap off the salt. Prep the pan with lard, add thick sliced mushrooms, random variety, throw the steak on the grill pan, two minutes a side on high heat, covered. Serve. No steak sauce, ever.

Comes out very rare, very good. Serve with steamed veggies, loaded mashed potatoes or nothing at all, depends how much time I have.

2600 posts in one year. 2590 about absolutely nothing SQ related.

If you spent half the time working on your car that you are posting BS ...

Screw it .. it's 5:20AM, I'm bored, I'll humor you. Medium or medium-well depending on my mood. Black Angus with some seasoned potatoes, side of broccoli is partially steamed and then thrown on the grill to finish it off.

I eat cheap steak to be honest. i let it sit in some EVOO then i salt and pepepr both sides and cook till med rare in a cast iron skillet, then a couple minutes in the oven.

go to pigeon forge this year. go through the mtn to gatlinburg. eat at the pedller. best steak ever.

Toadie? That's one way to cook a steak - you're my new hero :D Seriously, sauces... bah! Be a man!

I do something similar, though generally not as large cut of steaks, and sometimes add adobo and or sazon for some added spice. Or, just a mix of crushed peppercorns.

I will take as good a cut as I can afford. Sometimes it's filets, sometimes it's steak-ums.

If time permits a hardwood fire, usualy oak, then I will soak some exotic wood and toss that on for smoking.

If time doesn't permit it's propane (taste the meat not the heat)

As for spices I like to switch it up, but a stand by for me is some cajon seasoning and some liquid smoke.

I like mine Med. rare - Med.

Side: baked potato sour cream, bacon, cheez, chives, butter

If the steak is filet it gets baccon wraped.

i like a thick steak with blood runnin out mmmmm

first i seson it with the ussual stuff, then take it out to th grill and cook it on the side eye on a 10'' iron pan cook it to the consistency that i prefer then hit it with 3oz of jack daniels let that burn off and you talk about a good steak better than eatin out any day

Edited by scooterdude92

steak type depends on what the store has thats fresh and looks right.

Marinate in:

1 12oz beer

1 16 oz italian dressing

a few tblspn of molasses

a cup of worcestershire sauce

mix all ingredients in a tupperware container and throw the meat in and shake.

marinate for an hour - 24 hours depending on how soon you wanna eat and how well you plan in advance

cook for 90 seconds to 3 mins per side depending on thickness I eat my steak rare and cool in the middle.

BC_99

Ribeye FTW.....Cook it alot of different ways but ALWAYS season with my "Tonys" (Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning" Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Chad-

I know it sounds weird but a lil sour cream on the side aint too bad either! LOLOL

Edited by boostdquest89

Sorry curious what it is before I ask my friend who is Korean?

Bulgogi or Pulgogi, the Koreans seem to mix some letters up. I spent a lot of time in Seoul and lesser Korean cities and it is the bomb dipped in some fermented bean paste, wrapped in a lettuce leaf with a raw garlic clove. GOOD STUFF!

Ribeye medium rare with a bit of salt and pepper on both sides.

Scott

^ is that cat or dog? Sorry curious what it is before I ask my friend who is Korean?

LOL... probably dog, not enough meat on a cat. Some Koreans believe that eating dog is good for health when you are sick, but that was much before the new millennium started.

It's called Bulgogi. Korean BBQ Beef... not dog. Probably some the best BBQ... ...in the world.

-Robert

mmmmmmm

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3761/img7191h.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5968/img7202q.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/843/img7206x.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/953/img7209x.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1214/img7212a.jpg