Best sounding exhaust for conquest

redTSI99

HKS is the only one that doesn't sound like a tractor...

Not true.

My car has a 2.5 all the way back, with a Magnaflow muffler, and people constantly tell me they can't believe how quiet it is. The great part is, it sounds great when you gas it, but sitting around idling, it is quiet as a church mouse.

Therefore, my recommendation is to get a Jolyrgr exhaust, and pop a Magnaflow on it......I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Tim

18" magnaflow

Thats the exact one I am running on JR's 2.5" exhaust. Its the longer 18" version which should be a bit quieter than the smaller 14" one, BUT its a tight fit. Possible, but tight.

Compared to the 3" with a hooker aerochamber I had before its about 60% as loud at idle and 35% as loud when I stand on it. Slightly more mellow tone, but it still sounds like a conquest. Love it ;)

mm

so just a regular magnaflow muffler? i already have a 2.5 turbo back exhaust just really needed a muffler..is there a series on that magnaflow like flowmaster has ?

Look on their website and they have straight through versions( you want to really avoid a chamber styled muffler )

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8231

Like that one for example

Really the best sounding is all debatable to how you want yours to sound. I have a GReddy Evo2 that ended up having almost all the packing blown out. At idle behind the car, it sounds... hm, not like a tractor/diesel, but I've had PMs show up on a local import site if it was my car they saw and how they loved how it sounded. Also, my friend mistook me for an SRT-4 coming down the road about a mile or so up.

Lets not get into how it sets off car alarms :ph34r:

when I get my car, and add an exhaust, I want to get jolyrgr's system and experiment with a tanabe muffler. They make awesome sounding stuff for other cars (expecially the WRX), so I want to see how it turns out on the g54b. Speaking of which, they are available in 60mm or 80mm inlets (2.3 inches or 3.1), so which would be better with a 2.5 exhaust, stepping up to the 3.1 inch? No means to thread jack, I just wanted to ask while the topic active. I think the HKS is also an amazing sounding muffer to +1 brazilboy.

in my honest opinion i think the low gurgling tractor sound is bad like this one

-Curt

A) That has an HKS muffler on it

B ) That car also has a 4G63 in it

so

C) does not sound like a Starion

THIS is the tractor noise we talk about

I don't have a sound clip of my exhaust but I get lots of comments on how nice it sounds. I almost went Magnaflow too, but then I found a Megan Racing muffler that was MUCH cheaper ($50 shipped to my door). It sounds great, and has lasted going on 5 years now.

3" turbo back, gutted cat (so no cat), and a Flowmaster 40.

I love the sound of it and get compliments all the time. Doesn't sound like a tractor, or even a 4 cyl, really.

Just sounds like something really PO'd :P

Loud as hell as well...but, with the windows up, the air on and the stereo playing...I can't even hear it...lol

A) That has an HKS muffler on it

B ) That car also has a 4G63 in it

so

C) does not sound like a Starion

THIS is the tractor noise we talk about

you talk like i know nothing about these cars, and your wrong my friends g54b sounds IDENTICAL to that 4g63, also i dont think thats a HKS...thanks

-Curt

Edited by scooterdude92