local police undercover/unmarked cars

bmx152

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have those, and allot more around here too.

they mostly use crown vics still though.

Daniel

Edited by dstar88

yea same here but they go under-undercover and try to race you then once u goet over 85 they slow down and turn the hidden lights on

we have a blue STI with dark tinted windows that does that same s***!! It even has exhaust and some other stuff done to it. That should be illegal.

2003 BMW M3 ( impound )

2004 Porsche 911 ( impound )

1999 Ford Mustang GT

those are the only 3 I know for a fact at least are undercovers.

ohhhhh no. you have no idea. the body shop i used to work for had a contract with gwinnett county to repair all of the "fleet" vehicles. this includes cars that govt officials use, police cars as well as undercover. basically anything that belongs to the county. id say a good 40% of the cars we fixed were undercover cop cars. the guy that coordinated with us for the county used to drop by and hang out from time to time, he said gwinnett had something like 300+ undercover cars and they were all different kinds of cars not just anything particular. he also said that there were about 20 cars, that he knew existed but had never had any dealings with. those were the total undercover actually making serious drugdeals etc. they were kept under wraps so closely that most of gwinnetts own police dept had no idea who or what they were.

Get this...a puke green 90's model caravan w/chrome hubcaps

my buddy is a cop where i live and he drives a brand new black impala with limo tint and no antenna's or anything to signify a gov. vehicle

lucky for me i know most of them, its when i get into another town better watch out haha

we have here in central ohio charger's/challenger/vics/explorers. old intrepids and i think 1 mustang (unmarked is out there)

haha...yeah, when my dad was a narcotics detective in MD, he had a 95 Z28, dark green with tan leather, cold air intake and true dual exhaust with flowmasters...lol

Then again, he had to do drug buys and even had to follow people...so, had to have a car that blended in with the time...and, about then, those Z28s were everywhere.

mann i should become a cop if i get to drive these kinds of cars plus then ill finally be part of a gang :P

my dad even had the horrible job of getting $200 in ones with his partner to sit in a strip club and wait for a guy to show up...

ended up arresting the guy and getting like 200 kilos of coke and about 3 million in cash out of it...

guy was pretty big time.

its a tough job, but, someone has to do it :P

we have a blue STI with dark tinted windows that does that same s***!! It even has exhaust and some other stuff done to it. That should be illegal.

it is illegal, its called intrapment.

and we let them get away with it.

it law for all, not above the law

its not intrapment. they aren't forcing you to race them or show off. They just happen to drive cars that like to make people who drive fast cars, drive like idiots. Edited by NudeLobster

I've seen all kinds of cars used by undercover cops of LAPD. The automotive detectives get to drive all kinds of fun toys. I've seen the special DMV investigators use anything and everything from a T-bird, Impalas, Suburbans, Toyota Camry etc.

It's no surprise really, they gotta keep criminals on their toes!

Even if someone is killed you honestly think they would care? Most cops strech the limit of rights anyways.

Of course they would care. Multi-million dollar lawsuits tend to draw such changes.

Especially when compared to the "gains" that such a "sting"(for street racing etc) provides. It's just bad policy, and the higher ups would kill it quick-fast in the fast of their own termination.

Kind of like why cops don't chase you the wrong way down a freeway/highway, same deal.

yea same here but they go under-undercover and try to race you then once u goet over 85 they slow down and turn the hidden lights on

The only way that will work is if you try to get them to race.. other wise it is entrapment. They cant egg you on and then get you for it.. only if you start it. My department runs everything we seize and buy other vehicles with siezure money as well.

yep and its known most of the time if a cop is caught doing something BAD/ILLEGAL they usually just get a slap on the wrist instead of jail or losing theyre job

Where do you live.. I need to move there. A guy on our midnight shift got accussed of taking $200 and is now relieved of duty and if he gets convicted will serve Fed time which is day for day not 1/3 the time like in state court. Police officers get held to a higher standard.. not lower. If you get 10 years you serve 4 at most. We get 10 we serve 10 in Federal lock up.

Even if someone is killed you honestly think they would care? Most cops strech the limit of rights anyways.

That is a public misconception.. the "Bad apple" rate is about the same as every other job in America. The only thing is when you are making bread at a factory and spit in the dough it doesnt get pasted all over the news like things police officers do. I am in Memphis, TN.. we have a large department and a very bad area for the most part. Are there bad cops, officers who shouldnt be here. Absolutely, just like there are UPS drivers who break stuff on purpose, McDs workers who spit in the food, Best Buy workers who steal, etc. The diffrence is the news media and public dont give a s*** about what they do. Enough on my rant.. ether you like police or you dont. There are only a couple reasons for ether side. If you like them chances are you know a few or you dont get in trouble so you have no reason not to like them. There are a few people who an officer has helped in a big way or even possibly saved their life. The ones who dont like us get pulled over quite a bit for speeding, wreckless driving ect. Those I dont mind because their dislike towards us is childish. Then there are the real criminals who dont like us because we mess up their money. The drug dealers, robbers, burglars, ect. They are the ones I worry about because they are the ones with little or nothing to loose and will kill someone to get away. Etherway officers have a job to do and depending on if you are the victim or the suspect will generally be what makes you like or dislike the officer you run into at that point in time. Please keep in mind what we do for a living so the next time you decide to get an attitude because you ran a red light or were speeding think about what he/she may have just seen or had happen to them on their last call.. we put our lifes in danger everyday for pennies and for people we dont know but other than for that moment and will likly never meet again once it is over. Would you risk your life for someone you dont know?

To say we dont care is disrespectful..

Edited by bnoland