I could use a bit of help

88BlueTsi

So ive had my quest for about four years and have been rebuilding the motor since then, i bought this car not knowing much of what i was doing but my sisters boyfriend said he was going to help me rebuild it. He has a yellow 88 which he rebuilt so i figured we could do this together however with work schedules we have just not had the time to finish my car. Ive been considering selling my car and i know i will take a big loss on money and time if i do however i dont have many options left.

So my question here is can anyone refer me to someone who i can pay to finish my motor? Im looking for someone trustworthy and reliable, and someone who can give me a quote on the labor.

If anybody can help out you can pm me, but the best way to reach me is my email at Liebs87@yahoo.com

Thanks for the time, i really dont want to sell this car, but after 4 years im getting tired and i will not be able to keep it at the shop its at much longer.

thanks again for any help

Ryan

Ryan, I got your email. Just take a day and finish it. Either that maybe try to find a local quester that has done one. You are prett close to finish on the long block.

Dad

These engines aren't that complicated. The last one I did was the one in my truck. Tore it down one saturday, and rebuilt it the following saturday. If you have all the parts and really take your time I can't see it taking more than 6-8hrs to go from bare block to complete engine. Just read through the shop manual, grab a torque wrench, and go at it. Edited by 88TSI_Rob

Thanks for all the responses everyone and thanks for the quick reply. Its taken me a long time to do this because like i said i had no idea what i was doing and was relying on someone else to help me finish it. The one thing im worried about is that im going to mess something up and ruin the motor but now with all theses replies im feeling a little more confident amd im going to head up to the shop today and get to work on it. I am missing a few parts but im sure i can find them somewhere.

On another note the past 4 years of my life have seem to dragged, i was battling depression, being overweight and being stuck in a dead end job. Ive recently started to gain control though, ive lost 12 pounds in the past two weeks and it keeps coming off, i just got an oppourtunity to start a career that will provide me with the income i need to live comfortably and all in all im just feeling like a new person and 100 times more motivated then i ever have been.

As far as this board goes i want to thank everone for being so helpfull and kind, i dont think i ever would havent gotten as far as i have if this place wasnt available.

Ill be sure to keep everyone updated when i get this beast running finally

thanks again and wish me luck

Thanks for all the responses everyone and thanks for the quick reply. Its taken me a long time to do this because like i said i had no idea what i was doing and was relying on someone else to help me finish it. The one thing im worried about is that im going to mess something up and ruin the motor but now with all theses replies im feeling a little more confident amd im going to head up to the shop today and get to work on it. I am missing a few parts but im sure i can find them somewhere.

On another note the past 4 years of my life have seem to dragged, i was battling depression, being overweight and being stuck in a dead end job. Ive recently started to gain control though, ive lost 12 pounds in the past two weeks and it keeps coming off, i just got an oppourtunity to start a career that will provide me with the income i need to live comfortably and all in all im just feeling like a new person and 100 times more motivated then i ever have been.

As far as this board goes i want to thank everone for being so helpfull and kind, i dont think i ever would havent gotten as far as i have if this place wasnt available.

Ill be sure to keep everyone updated when i get this beast running finally

thanks again and wish me luck

Make sure to ask question here if you get stuck..

use the S.O.S manuals http://starquest.i-x.net/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=00a36ae7ce3959ba511193dd162f780c

U can find EVERYTHING there