new generation starquest /starion

nycain

JUST FOR THOUGHT ,ALOT OF CAR COMPANIES REBUILT SOME OF THERE OLD CARS EXAMPLE VOLKWAGEN REMAKE THE BEETLE FORD REMAKE THE MUSTANG WHAT YOU THING ABOUT MITSUBISHI REMAKING THE STARION .SAME WIDE BODY ADD A MODERN LOOKS JUST A LIMITED EDITION /AMOUNT USE THE SAME 2.6L MOTOR WITH BETTER FUEL SYTEM , ALUMINUM PARTS ADD THE THING WE UPGRADE TODAY ETC .GIVE THE 93 SUPRA, SHELBY COBRA AND THE CHEVY CAMERO AN a** WIPING LET THEM DO WORK Edited by nycain

some ppl in the forum had the same conversation before. and we all kinda came to the conclution that its gonna be a lil expensive. now do we want the newer version? heck yea... i'd love it. but i would like others ppl opinions. lol

THE STARION WAS AHEAD OF ITS TIME 21 YEARS AGO LOTS HAVE CHANGED SINCE MITSUBISHI BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR SO MANY YEARS AND HAVE LOTS OF NEW MODELS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE STARION ITS OVER DUE SOME PRODUCTION CARS THEY HAVE ON THE MARKET IS GARBAGE

IMAGINE A MPI SYSTEM ,BODY KIT BIGGER INTERCOOLER BIGGER BRAKES WHEELS WITH MORE OFF SET DEEP DASH RARE HATCH THE SIDE AND TRUNK KIT CARBON FIBER /AIRDAM ,BUCKET SEATS 6 SPEED MANUAL ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION LIGHTER BODY THE LANCER WOULD BE IN THE BACK ON THE CLASS COPING :D

I talked to Mitsubishi and they said it will never happen. The guy actually referred me to the Hyundai Genesis Coupe... I posted a thread asking people if they'd like to see a Mitsubishi rendered concept car for a 2010 Starion and gave the Mitsubishi representative a copy of the link so that he could see that there was genuine interest in a new Starion. To put it mildly, it was a cluster...after the guy monitored the thread for a while he wouldn't even return my calls about just getting a concept drawing...

I think the main problem is back in the 80's it was categorized as a luxury sports car, selling for $20,000 when most cars sold for $8000. While most of the people that currently own them are in the Mustang and Camaro range, a new Starion would be in the range JustPaus_88TSI just quoted and nobody is buying a $70k Mitsubishi, nobody. Mitsubishi would have to come up with a luxury line like Toyota did with Lexus, or Nissan did with Infinity.

Because it's a Skyline.

The comparative street cred associated with a SQ isn't even in the same league. The name recognition isn't there, the history isn't there and to put it plainly, Mitsu doesn't have the ability to produce such a car.

Quite frankly, i'd be shocked if they didn't completely screw it up by turning it into something for "everyone". It'd be a RX8 type four door with a NA V6 or something.

I agree, not enough starquest friendly people to make it worth while for mitsu. If you are in a hurry to drop $70k into a quest, do it to the one you already own and then you will probably have the nicest and fastest quest ever built. Plenty of custom and resto shops to do all of the things you are talking about. So do it, and retro-fit it to your car.

BC_99

Well Mitsubishi had the street cred back in the late 80's early 90's, but 80% of the people from 30 years old and down don't even know what the hell our cars are, so it's long gone. And agreed, it would be some lame hybrid between a race car and a grocery getter...

About the only way I see the Starion name used on a car again, is if they slap it on a limited edition Eclipse or EVO. It wouldn't be a whole new car, and the Conquest name surely wouldn't get used.

Even this scenerio is a LONG shot.

I've been waiting all my life for a DEEP DASH and RARE HATCH!!!!

Fulfill my life and my soul Mistubishi....please!!!!!!!

then top it off with THE SIDE AND TRUNK KIT, if you're feeling generous. ;)

But don't LIGHTER THE BODY, I don't want mine on fire.

Turborusty

Here is the pic someone posted the last time this topic came up.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/camostarquest/Starionthenextgeneration.jpg

Someone needs to make this airdam STAT.

And those headlights, oh my ... that's hot. :ph34r: :wub:

Here is the pic someone posted the last time this topic came up.

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu50/camostarquest/Starionthenextgeneration.jpg

I dunno who Garen is, but he's a damned genius!

And I believe that is a rendering based off of Artinist's old Silver car.....correct?

Turborusty

being classified as luxery sports has nothing to do with it, same category as the mkiii supra. The problem is although the starion was the flagship at the time, it was just a draft for the eclipse/evo that mitsubishi has a lot of time and r&d into. Starion sales in the 80's don't justify a new model. I think they love the nostalgia but want to keep it that way.

I dunno who Garen is, but he's a damned genius!

And I believe that is a rendering based off of Artinist's old Silver car.....correct?

Turborusty

Yes, that was a friend of artinist who did the sketch/rendering for him, and it's what he was planning for his car.

I THINK THIS IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA

IF YOU CONTINUE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS MAYBE SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

someone with lots of money should build like a race spec starion or something.

Edited by Killtodie