OIL WEIGHT/BRAND

OPTIMUSPRIME

I always ran Rotella 15w-40 in mine. I run Rotella 10w-30 in everything else.

Basically, I run Rotella in everything. Supposedly one of the few oils that still has all the additives in it for flat-tappet cams...regardless if my stuff is roller or flat-tappet, I figure the added wear protection never hurts.

I have used Castrol GTX 10W-40 in the Winter and 20W- 50 in the Summer since my Starion was brandy new. In the Spring of 2008 I switched to Castrol GTX Diesel, 15W-40 in Winter and 20W-50 in the Summer. Since that time, I have put 34,000 miles on the Old Girl and I have never had an oil pressure or problem with the engine caused by oil. I made the switch cuz the diesel engine oil conforms to API Classification SJ & SL, has more and better varnish & acid neutralizers, keeps particulte matter suspended in the oil better and has the minimum required amount of ZDDP additive in it, unlike the API Service Classification SM which is what you get when buying engine oil now off the shelf of auto parts stores now.

For What It's Worth.

KEN

20w/50 Castrol GTX. A lot of the choices depend on your engine set up and weather conditions.Warm weather stock: 10w/30. Built: 20w/50. Cold weather stock: 5w/30. Cold weather built: 10w/30 or 10w/40. I myself chose to use conventional oil.

CALIBER 308

I always ran Rotella 15w-40 in mine. I run Rotella 10w-30 in everything else.

Basically, I run Rotella in everything. Supposedly one of the few oils that still has all the additives in it for flat-tappet cams...regardless if my stuff is roller or flat-tappet, I figure the added wear protection never hurts.

Just so you know. Shell Rotella is about the cheapest and lowest viscosity oil around. But if you like it, who am I to criticize it. How do I know this?? I have ran both different oils in my tractor. Pour a quart of 10w/30wt Rotella and a quart of 10w/30wt Castrol GTX in two separate containers. Look at both of them, stick your fingers in them and rub them together. Now allow both of them separately, to run down off your fingers.Then you tell me which one you would use in your engine. Just letting the members know my experiences.

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

MAZZOLA Corn Oil.

Just so you know. Shell Rotella is about the cheapest and lowest viscosity oil around. But if you like it, who am I to criticize it. How do I know this?? I have ran both different oils in my tractor. Pour a quart of 10w/30wt Rotella and a quart of 10w/30wt Castrol GTX in two separate containers. Look at both of them, stick your fingers in them and rub them together. Now allow both of them separately, to run down off your fingers.Then you tell me which one you would use in your engine. Just letting the members know my experiences.

CALIBER 308

At least is better than what TAQUITO is running :lol: