Tunerstudio autotune....WOW!

I just purchased the registered version of tunerstudio and I tried out autotune. I'm amazed at how well this program works. I started the car and the software immediately began dialing in the to the AFR target. The idle smoothed out and the vacuum pulled by the engine climbed. I can't wait to try this out while I'm road tuning. Anyone else using this with good results?

I honestly haven't given it a try because I have used other "autotunes" in various tuning software, and it has always had a negative effect. I have owned tuner studio for several years and have not even thought about trying it. Now I think I will. I'll report back after I try it.

What wideband do you use?

Maybe a stupid question but would someone using a different wideband not supported with tunerstudio or megatune still be able to use this feature well?

I guess is there a way to put in your settings or something? Sorry for such a noob question.

I had good results with it. For idle/cruise settings it automatically calibrates your VE table quite well. A few minutes at each speed while varying your throttle throughout the rpm range will dial in your entire lower table pretty well.

you can use it with any wideband, i used an AEM.. however do NOT use it under boost conditions, it can NOT change fast enough for that to work. IT does work well with idle and cruise, very well actually. You dont want to burn holes in your pistons because of autotune lol.. Get with someone who know what they are doing to get your top end tuned out.. Just a word of advice and possibly saving you bunches of money.

Glad to hear it worked good for you so far. I almost tried it for wot then didn't and am glad. On the dyno I found my Afr reading from lc1 to tunerstudio is off by 1 full point at wot. Had I used autotune it would have blown up.

Did u figure out why the lc-1 wasn't reading right? Was it an old sensor or was it not properly calibrated? Did u check the lc-1 with the serial connector vs. the tunerstudio reading?

Nope, and it still isnt fixed 2yr later, 200 re calibrations, multiple sensor swaps and 5 times rewiring the power/grounds.

Funny thing is that TS datalog shows its off but when i video the afr gauge on the dash, the gauge is perfect and follows the dyno afr perfectly. :wacko:

Reading the innovate forums I am seeing that its a 50/50 shot if yours will read correctly. Just food for thought or something to watch for when you dyno or datalog.

Nope, and it still isnt fixed 2yr later, 200 re calibrations, multiple sensor swaps and 5 times rewiring the power/grounds.

Funny thing is that TS datalog shows its off but when i video the afr gauge on the dash, the gauge is perfect and follows the dyno afr perfectly. :wacko:

Reading the innovate forums I am seeing that its a 50/50 shot if yours will read correctly. Just food for thought or something to watch for when you dyno or datalog.

I think you just might need to adjust the input values that TS sees to correct that. You might have to select just the generic wide band and give it the proper values. Have you tried hooking a diffrent gage up? I'm not 100% but can't you also adjust the settings for the Innovateive wideband by connecting to PC?

Thats one nice thing about the LC1, it is 100% programmable on both outputs using the LM Programmer software that comes on the CD. You can monitor with the Logworks.

I have both of my ouputs setup to output the default 0-5v signal from 7.35 to 22.39 gasoline afr. One for the gauge and one for Megasquirt.

I personally had one that was way off, no matter what, so I contacted innovative, and had a new one in a week. They have great support if you use it.

Edited by button

How could you tell that it was way off? I'm curious as I'd like to check mine to ensure it's working properly.

I just video my afr gauge when i do a 3rd gear pull and while i am datalogging the run in TS. I then review the datalog in megalog viewer and compare my afr's from the video of the gauge to the datalog.. That is where I see that at WOT at full boost my gauge is off by roughly a full 1.0

Thats one nice thing about the LC1, it is 100% programmable on both outputs using the LM Programmer software that comes on the CD. You can monitor with the Logworks.

I have both of my ouputs setup to output the default 0-5v signal from 7.35 to 22.39 gasoline afr. One for the gauge and one for Megasquirt.

I personally had one that was way off, no matter what, so I contacted innovative, and had a new one in a week. They have great support if you use it.

as for programming the outputs, i found where I can enter the values in TS under the wb (tried that and no luck), but i am unaware of the procedure to program them using the LM programmer/logworks program. Please PM me as i would like to learn more.

Innovate is always having issues with their widebands, at least they're good about fixing them.

Never been happy with the Innovate stuff, had three fail in a little over a year. And they are not good about fixing them either, after a call or two they get real uppidy. It's like everyone, nothing lasts forever.

as for programming the outputs, i found where I can enter the values in TS under the wb (tried that and no luck), but i am unaware of the procedure to program them using the LM programmer/logworks program. Please PM me as i would like to learn more.

Manual has it. with pictures-> http://www.innovatem...LC-1_Manual.pdf

figure you will want to know where to d/l the software too->http://www.innovatem...Works3Setup.exe or go under support from the main page ( http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ )

Never been happy with the Innovate stuff, had three fail in a little over a year. And they are not good about fixing them either, after a call or two they get real uppidy. It's like everyone, nothing lasts forever.

I simply filled out an online RMA request and provided my SN with date of purchases. I've used innovative since maybe 2006.

I can internetz..

Edited by button

I've had my AEM gauge for 4 years now and it's still accurate with no issues.

I've had my AEM gauge for 4 years now and it's still accurate with no issues.

The thing is how do you know that?

Or weather the innovate dash gauge is right or the turner studio gauge/

My aem reads different in log works using the aem calibration. I tweaked the calibration in log works to close the gap. But maybe they are both off now? I know my aem has a hokie ground, but i never fixed that. That car does not get run hard any way.

One of the reasons i went with innovate lc1 and logworks is the the signal is carried on a serial cable and not dependent on a analog voltage and ground. But the x-16 gauge i use is discontinued. It does read the same on the gauge and logger though, but the dyno jet wide band reads different. Of course they are never wrong LOL.

In the end it's just a tuning tool, not a fail safe end all.

The lc1 programmable feature is also it's biggest fault. Stray voltage spikes can put it in calibration mode with the engine running, or reprogram it to a different fuel scale. When that happens i just have to change the setting back or do the free air cal.