#21 Killtodie

Killtodie

KTD

• Members
  • -219,298 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:23 PM

View Postrosengrant826, on 28 March 2010 - 07:42 PM, said:

Toadie, did you read any of the post before you type? They both said they tried to claim through paypal and got nothing.

Guess I didnt. I'm surprised, I received a full refund before via paypal where I never got the item.

#22 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,811 posts
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

View PostKilltodie, on 28 March 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

Guess I didnt. I'm surprised, I received a full refund before via paypal where I never got the item.

And you probably got it all handled within a month or two of the sale. Like on Ebay, I didn't get my part, filed a claim, and got money back. I filed my claim within 30 days of the sale.

By the time these guys realized they were scammed, it was months later, and way too late to be covered by a Paypal claim.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#23 89PalermoSHP

89PalermoSHP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts
  • Interests:Starquests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

if anyone gets his address and wants to pursue legal charges here im more than willing to help with anything i can here locally. filing forms, getting forms, whatever. do not let him get away with stealing your money.
Posted Image
Low-Temp Radiator Fan Sensors-$14-select the last option for shipping thru USPS and shipping is 95 cents!!! <----These work very well!!
My 89 Conquest
My custom hoses
1st Place winner "Other Mitsubishi" category- All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, 2010, 2011

#24 csdisme

csdisme

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Interests:Family, Quests, Goldwing, CAD/CNC

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

View Post89PalermoSHP, on 01 April 2010 - 02:19 PM, said:

if anyone gets his address and wants to pursue legal charges here im more than willing to help with anything i can here locally. filing forms, getting forms, whatever. do not let him get away with stealing your money.

We did get his address and I do appreciate the offer, we may be taking you up on it  ;)
'87 White Quest - MPI build
'89 Yellow Quest -  stainless exhaust, header, 14g, 52mm throttle body, hard pipes, 1g mas - SOLD
'88 Black Starion - stock DD - SOLD
'62 Jaguar MKII - white w/ red leather - SOLD
'98 Goldwing GL1500SE

"Threats don't work with someone who has nothing to lose"

#25 Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

http://worxcustoms.com/

#26 spoolinturbo

spoolinturbo

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:44 AM

I would contact everyone in the GP find out for sure who didn't get it. Collect a list of all their contact info and amounts paid, have them email you proof of money sent if you can, and head on down to the court. Taking from one person is not bad in the courts eyes, but when they see a few people, they get mad lol. I've literally seen the fbi get involved on 6 people losing money on a gp. They would deduct money from income and  from his financial institutions. In some states he can be charged with grand larceny and face serious fines and jail time, it's gone beyond buyer beware. I remember after lepore finally received his I contacted him about purchasing parts, he said he could have a 3 week turn around time.
1974 vette stingray
1991 3000gt vr4 (2011 autox season starter)
1991 galant vr4
1988 starion fiji SHP (gone)
2006 colorado 4x4
2010 suburban z71 black CIA replica
2012 silverado z71 black
active duty airforce

#27 D_Venable

D_Venable

Have you had your boost today?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

the problem is, I don't think everyone that participated in the GP was listed, when I went to drop my deposit off in person to him, he said there were about 11 people interested. But there were not that many that posted up they were interested at that time

Finding them all might be an issue
2011 Silverado
85 Conquest aka DTHSTAR (215whp/251tq on a 12a at 15psi) RIP (for now)
88 TSI parts car
88 TSI SHP Durban Maroon 17C TD05H, MAFT, 9's all around, 13" brakes, MR2's with Anti-M's
Posted Image

#28 zactek

zactek

Artistic Technician

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostD_Venable, on 15 April 2010 - 10:58 PM, said:

the problem is, I don't think everyone that participated in the GP was listed, when I went to drop my deposit off in person to him, he said there were about 11 people interested. But there were not that many that posted up they were interested at that time

Well, I'm one of those people....I haven't been on here for a while 'cause I moved and finally gettin' settled in. I gave Josh a deposit for a rear extended spoiler over a year ago, and he hasn't tried to contact me once to let me know what he's up to. Everytime I contacted him, I got the "just a little longer" excuse. I'd like to know what's up as well....

Zack K.

Edited by JAinsworth, 22 August 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Life's too short to be like everyone else.
Savour kindness because cruelty is always possible later.............

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#29 csdisme

csdisme

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

[quote name='zactek' date='16 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1271391783' post='1021712']
[quote name='D_Venable' date='16 April 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1271390331' post='1021693']

[/quote]

I think we have a fair start:

CSDISME
BOHO
ZACTEK
SILVERARROW89 (not sure if he ever got his part)

There is a substantial amount of money in deposits here just from the 4 members listed. I have $450 in, and Boho has over $1000 if I remember right. Personally I think the next step is pretty clear. This is simply too much to walk away from.
'89 Yellow Quest -  stainless exhaust, header, 14g, 52mm throttle body, hard pipes, 1g mas - SOLD
'98 Goldwing GL1500SE

#30 Metric-man

Metric-man

Stoichiometric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,000 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Electrical engineering
    Suspensions
    BBQ
    Surfing
    Trucks
    Weather

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

[size="1"][quote name='csdisme' date='17 April 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1271528712' post='1022214']
[quote name='zactek' date='16 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1271391783' post='1021712']
[quote name='D_Venable' date='16 April 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1271390331' post='1021693']

/quote]

I think we have a fair start:

CSDISME
BOHO
ZACTEK
SILVERARROW89 (not sure if he ever got his part)

There is a substantial amount of money in deposits here just from the 4 members listed. I have $450 in, and Boho has over $1000 if I remember right. Personally I think the next step is pretty clear. This is simply too much to walk away from.
[/quote]
[/size]

You would think Bernie Madeoff should have been arrested earlier too.

I read somewhere (?) he has paypal waiting for money to be deposited in his account so they can redistribute it,
to it's rightful owners,

Paypal's has to think of themselves and they don't want to kill the(cash)cow.

I say screw paypal..

lets eat steak!

Edited by starion_cult, 17 April 2010 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image

#31 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

Well...I got a text from josh...Said I should have my parts by the end of May...Just wanted to update...I DID HEAR SOMETHING!!!...lol...So hopefully it will work out. Just letting yall know...
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#32 csdisme

csdisme

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

That's great to hear.:D  He should seriously take a minute and send a text, make a call, drop a note, or whatever to every person he owes parts to and give them a heads up on what is happening and an estimated date they can expect their parts or offer them a refund.
'98 Goldwing GL1500SE

#33 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

I agree...its not so much the wait that pisses me off...its just the lack of communication...I'm supposed to get one-off custom parts...I don't mind waiting...
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#34 89PalermoSHP

89PalermoSHP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

i wouldn't let up until the parts were in my hands. promises promises.

i bet a judgement against him and subsequent garnishment of his bank account would be a good motivating factor.
Posted Image
Low-Temp Radiator Fan Sensors-$14-select the last option for shipping thru USPS and shipping is 95 cents!!! <----These work very well!!
My 89 Conquest
My custom hoses
1st Place winner "Other Mitsubishi" category- All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show, 2010, 2011

#35 Dcrasta

Dcrasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

You guys aware that if this is all true this guy could be facing wirefraud charges because of the fact that the interstate commerce over the internet could be considered fraudulent if he doesn't deliver the parts or refund your money.  The forum posts can actually be used as evidence.  You need to contact the state attorney in Mn and file charges against him as a group.  One of you individuals need to contact that office with the total amount of money and the list of individuals owed, and all correspondence between you guys.

Good luck, dont let him get away with it.
CLICK My CAR For Mods Info
Posted ImagePosted Image
MY_CAR_RUNS_ON_PARTS_FROM_DAD            
Downloadable-88-FSM
Professor-Q's_FAQ

#36 brianpaul98

brianpaul98

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Dirt Bike Riding, Video Games and Spending Time With My Family and Friends.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Man I'm sorry to hear about all this and I really hope everyone either gets their parts or their money back. Just a little tip on Paypal, a few months ago I talked to paypal about refunding money and they told me that unless you buy the item off e-bay and go through the e-bay checkout process you ARE NOT covered by their buyer protection policy. This simple means that if you send anyone money, buy off a business, a website sale or your mother in law in Budapest its a transaction outside of e-bay, you are on your own and they will not process the claim for you. Maybe I understood it incorrectly and you can call Paypal to verify but from what I remember if you are not buying and paying through the e-bay syatem you might as well be sending cash in an envelope.
------------------------------------------------------
If its not broke, tear it apart and make it go faster!!!
----------------
Brian Arnone
Lower Shores Performance
lower.shores.performance@gmail.com
New Jersey, USA

#37 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Still waiting...just updating...:(
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#38 Convette

Convette

I used to driftjunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts
  • Interests:Going faster

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

dang

#39 89PalermoSHP

89PalermoSHP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:49 PM

View Postbrianpaul98, on 03 June 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

Man I'm sorry to hear about all this and I really hope everyone either gets their parts or their money back. Just a little tip on Paypal, a few months ago I talked to paypal about refunding money and they told me that unless you buy the item off e-bay and go through the e-bay checkout process you ARE NOT covered by their buyer protection policy. This simple means that if you send anyone money, buy off a business, a website sale or your mother in law in Budapest its a transaction outside of e-bay, you are on your own and they will not process the claim for you. Maybe I understood it incorrectly and you can call Paypal to verify but from what I remember if you are not buying and paying through the e-bay syatem you might as well be sending cash in an envelope.

i believe this is 100% correct. although, i think they are willing to help out but will not refund you any money unless the person has funds in their paypal account.

i honestly cant believe this matter hasn't been brought to the authorities...
Posted Image
My 89 Conquest
My custom hoses

#40 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Anyone got their Parts? Still waiting. Next month will be 2 years.
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users