PO'ed at NAPA

Whiplash

Some months ago I took a bare Volvo B20 head and valves in to the local NAPA machine shop to get magnafluxed, seats machined, and valves machined. I was told it would be ready the next week. So the next week came. I went to pick up my parts. I asked if the head checked out OK with the magnaflux. He said "Yea, it was OK,... umm,...well I didn't magnaflux it. But since it is a cast iron head it should be OK". I said the seats weren't machined. And where are my valves? They looked around and couldn't find my valves. I said I'll go ahead and take my head. When you find the valves I'll bring the head back to get worked on. Note: they never did anything to my head.

After calling several times over the past several months. I keep getting the same reply. "We're still looking for the valves." Last week I told the store manager again that I needed the valves. I haven't heard back. I emailed corp. NAPA with my issue, and haven't heard back.

NAPA is going down hill to me. A couple of years ago they started selling the same engine parts as AutoZone. If I wanted discounted parts I would have gone to AZ!

So now I don't know what to do. Most places have discountiued the valves. IPD will sell a set for about $140 - 150. I don't feel like I should pay for them. But NAPA will not return my phone cals or email. Anyone have any ideas short of just walking in and taking $150 worth of parts out the door.

i say go in and talk to the parts manager.

Don't get pissed off right off the bat, try to remain calm.

say this

"I dropped off a head and i came to pick up up when you told me it would be ready. It had not been touched yet and you lost the parts that i gave you to use. You have continued to telling me that you are looking for the parts and would call me back. I have recieved no calls. i think you just need to admit they are gone. I am very far behind schedule on this project and your company has cost me major setbacks. I feel its only fair you reinbursement for the parts you have lost."

i say go in and talk to the parts manager.

Don't get pissed off right off the bat, try to remain calm.

say this

"I dropped off a head and i came to pick up up when you told me it would be ready. It had not been touched yet and you lost the parts that i gave you to use. You have continued to telling me that you are looking for the parts and would call me back. I have recieved no calls. i think you just need to admit they are gone. I am very far behind schedule on this project and your company has cost me major setbacks. I feel its only fair you reinbursement for the parts you have lost."

All while holding a shotgun

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post. But had to tell you guys that NAPA corp. never did contact me about this issue. And it would cost more to go to small claims court than the valves are worth. I haven't bought parts from NAPA since. AutoZone sells the same stuff as them anyways now at a lower price. Rumor is that AutoZone might start carrying brand X who's a much higher quality part that what NAPA sells.

Note: corp owned stores sell the lower quality parts. Privately owned stores has always sold both brands.

have you checkd the volvo forums. my brother is on turbo bricks all the time. if youd like i can se if he has an extra set of valves. is it turbo or not.

Non turbo. I've found some at a great price on eBay. But I've pushed this project off in the back for now. Just wanted to update you guys.